IGNORED

Power Off?

StanJr

Power Off was "released" at Philly 5, but I have heard tales that it was actually released long before.

Its not in the database, so does anyone have any info about the game and its origins?

Thanks

:)

Yes, please tell. The first time I even saw the cart was in cvga's post tonight. :ponder:

Yes, as has already been discussed, Power Off! was released briefly by Hozer before he closed shop. However, it was released without a box, and since all the previous Ebivision games did come with a box, we felt it would be nice to release this title boxed as well. The Power Off! box is nicer than the earlier Ebivision games, as it's a real box as opposed to the thinner, hand-built boxes they've sold in the past. The labels and manuals are also printed on high-quality materials, so the overall presentation is nicer.

The game is difficult, I discovered that myself when I built a test cartridge and tried it out on a real system. In order to hope completing a level, you do need to learn the robots' patterns, and your timing needs to be excellent. Also, you need to learn how to traverse the ladders without getting hung up, or that might cost you.

I do need to add the game to the database, I didn't realize it wasn't in there yet. I will do that later today when I also add Blaster for the 5200. :)

..Al

Yeah, the game was a real pisser when I played it at Philly. You are now entering Frustration City.

So would this release (a super high quality one no less!) count as its first "official" release or would the previous Hozer release be that? How will it appear in the AA database? All these silly things matter when you are Awarding things, you know. :)

Yeah, the game was a real pisser when I played it at Philly.  You are now entering Frustration City.

:idea: You have to learn some quite simple tactics and then just take your time. Never act underpressure, there are plenty of safe spots in every level where you can plan your next moves. So after a little training this game is much easier than, uhm... Thrust. :)

Using the ladders gets much easier with a joystick that allows precise diagonals (e.g. Competition Pro 5000).