IGNORED

Quick Draw

Out_of_Gas

Here is the latest version. Play it and let me know of any problems. This is actually easier then the Original Berzerk, untill you add Evil Otto, then it is tough!!! Are the colors OK? I experimented with the color backgrounds and I really didn't like them.

I need to have a final BIN in a few days to put on a cartridge.

******Play Game #3******* Arcade Challenge

westworld_ver_e.zip

I just spent 90 minutes playing this hack. Let me tell you...

As someone who has played Berzerk on all platforms for most of my life... this really does add some unique things to gameplay. You can shoot robots through cacti, the robots don't change their AI so they often run into the new wall structures and kill themselves off completely the moment the room starts up... it's a great, great hack of my alltime favorite game. I love it and will keep playing it via emu until it comes out on cart (please please) and then I will play it on the console. It's great stuff, Neo. Seriously. I am a big fan of your work.

• 2 weeks later...
I just spent 90 minutes playing this hack.  Let me tell you...

As someone who has played Berzerk on all platforms for most of my life... this really does add some unique things to gameplay.  You can shoot robots through cacti, the robots don't change their AI so they often run into the new wall structures and kill themselves off completely the moment the room starts up... it's a great, great hack of my alltime favorite game.  I love it and will keep playing it via emu until it comes out on cart (please please) and then I will play it on the console.  It's great stuff, Neo.  Seriously.  I am a big fan of your work.

Here is a version of Westworld and Death Race in the clear carts:

DCP0005000150.JPG

Westworld will be released soon...

Just to get the bad news out of the way first, although it's not much...

Anyone run into a "frozen bullet" type of glitch, or was this in the original Berzerk program? I don't think it was...I only had it happen a couple of times last night, it seemed to happen when I was heading right, and shooting left, and my bullet froze in mid-air, and I couldn't shoot again, due to only having one shot on the screen at a time (although once Otto came out and ran into it, which I got my firing capabilities back right then and there :)). Who knows, though, it might've been something in regards to my emulator (using PC Atari here).

Anyhoo, with that out of the way, this is a VERY cool hack! As it was stated earlier, the graphics in place of the walls makes the gameplay different (my blasted hat kept on bumping on walls, killing me ;)), and even though the original Berzerk was a good adaption, I never could play it for long, but this kept me going through 14,000 points last night, and I'll be giving it another whirl tonight, definitely!

I also can't get over the coolness and cooperation of people contributing to this and accepting ideas, input and suggestions into this hack (wipes tear from eye)...it's beautiful, man! Great job all around.

Just to get the bad news out of the way first, although it's not much...

Anyone run into a "frozen bullet" type of glitch, or was this in the original Berzerk program?  I don't think it was...I only had it happen a couple of times last night, it seemed to happen when I was heading right, and shooting left, and my bullet froze in mid-air, and I couldn't shoot again, due to only having one shot on the screen at a time (although once Otto came out and ran into it, which I got my firing capabilities back right then and there :)).  Who knows, though, it might've been something in regards to my emulator (using PC Atari here).

I also can't get over the coolness and cooperation of people contributing to this and accepting ideas, input and suggestions into this hack (wipes tear from eye)...it's beautiful, man!  Great job all around.

I have played the game alot on X26 and have never had a problem with it freezing a bullet. Anybody else have this problem??

I agree, it is extremely cool to have a group effort in making the hack. The hardest part of making a hack is coming up with the idea.

I have played the game alot on X26 and have never had a problem with it freezing a bullet. Anybody else have this problem??

Like I said, it only happened twice in an hour or more or less of playing it last night and is no biggie, but if it happens again tonight, I'll take a photo of it and put it up, it's pretty funny :)

I agree, it is extremely cool to have a group effort in making the hack. The hardest part of making a hack is coming up with the idea.

Yeah, no kidding, especially the idea of hacking Pick Up and creating "Rescue Invaders" (I think it was called) was excellent, I played that the other night as well. :)

Anyone run into a "frozen bullet" type of glitch' date=' or was this in the original Berzerk program? [/quote'] (whups, did the quote wrong, this one's from me :))

Ha ha! I didn't even have to check it on this hack, it did it with the new version of Neo Berzerk tonight.

I think it's with PC Atari only, which, if this isn't on a newer version, to the best of my knowledge (I just doublechecked), you can't assign a key for a diagional movement with the joystick; I use the arrow keys on the numeric pad for all the other directions (up/down/left/right), and holding down the eight (up) and four keys (left) will make you move diagionally (up and to the left). So there's some kind of glitch when you do a diagional shot with the PC Atari emulator only, I'm thinking.

You can see the screen shots here, one with and without pointing out the frozen shot. (In case you're wondering how I got my guy to look weird, it's 'cause he had just been hit :))

post-3650-1082349670_thumb.jpg

post-3650-1082349671_thumb.jpg