IGNORED

Philly5 and G4??

StanJr

When will this air? Has anybody seen it? If its yet to air, I hope somebody can TiVo it and post it up so those of us sans G4 can see. They talked to like EVERYBODY there and I bet there are some great segments with Al and HSW, and maybe, just maybe Aimee and her art.

Anybody have any info on this? :? :? :? :? :? :?

:spidey: :?:

I haven't seen anything yet. Maybe it'll start next week. Knowing G4 though, they use a single taping to acquire material for all sorts of programs throughout the year.... so we'll probably see bits and pieces here and there in addition to the original news feature.

When will this air?  Has anybody seen it?  If its yet to air, I hope somebody can TiVo it and post it up so those of us sans G4 can see.  They talked to like EVERYBODY there and I bet there are some great segments with Al and HSW, and maybe, just maybe Aimee and her art.

Anybody have any info on this? :?  :?  :?  :?  :?  :?  

:spidey:  :?:

Maybe the week of April 11th? http://www.g4tv.com/html/search.asp?search....x=0&submit.y=0

When will this air?  Has anybody seen it?  If its yet to air, I hope somebody can TiVo it and post it up so those of us sans G4 can see.  They talked to like EVERYBODY there and I bet there are some great segments with Al and HSW, and maybe, just maybe Aimee and her art.

Anybody have any info on this? :?  :?  :?  :?  :?  :?  

:spidey:  :?:

Well, here is the synopsis for the episode airing 3/26/04:

Microsoft has some exciting news for game developers at this year's GDC, but it wasn't the Xbox 2. Plus, we'll give you a heavy dose of Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, and we'll also take an extended look at Gabe Logan's next assignment.

Well, Pulse is airing right now, and so far (1/2 way through the show) they haven't had any kind of segment on PC5. I bet it will be on next week's episode. I'll post again if they give any indication or say anything about Philly.

Please keep in mind that it says they're showing a recap of PC4. That's LAST YEAR'S! :P

Okay - I just finished watching tonight's episode of Pulse, which originally aired on Friday, March 26th at 9:00pm.

There was NO mention of PC5 on this show. All they talked about was the X-Box, Sly 2 for X-Box, the new Hellboy movie that's coming out, and more X-Box stuff.

I can only imagine that the PC5 stuff will air on the next episode, which is April 2nd at 9:00pm. Check your local listings for the appropriate time. :)

If someone hears of something, or I find it, I'd be more than happy to TiVo it and dump it to tape for anyone who wants it, even Brother Stan.

Speaking of PC4, hey Brother Stan, what ever happened to your review of PC4? Will you be doing a review of PC5 next year too?

From what I could tell talking with the G4 people, they were in Philadelphia for part of the week AFTER PC5 to film other segments. Patrick Clark (the tall guy in the bad 80's style outfit interviewing people) is also the segment producer for PC5, and got a LOT of footage. The story on PC4 last year was...not too good, and it was produced by someone who didn't "get it". (I actually knew the guy who did the segment, and he was like "PC4 looked boring. All these people just playing classic video games, who cares?") Patrick "gets it", and wants to give the PC5 segment justice - and hammering it out in 2 or 3 days would NOT have given it justice.

Even last year, the PC4 segment was about two weeks after PC4, so I wouldn't be surprised if you see it next week. They really are trying to give PC5 the coverage it deserves, and I'm all for them taking an extra week to edit the segment together.

And for those wondering (who don't watch Pulse) - Patrick Clark's schtick is to wear the ugliest, stupidest outfit ever to try to "fit in" with the crowd. That's why his fashion looked so horrible - he'll play on that for humor during the segment. When he went to the release party of American Pro Trucker, he wore the brightest trucker clothes and a fake moustache...At least he wasn't that bad at PC5!

EDIT: Just heard from Gavin, Pulse's producer:

Philly Pholks:

The PC5 segment will probably get into not next week's show but the one following (4/9/04). Keep an eye out for our very extensive coverage. We'd normally be running in next week's show but have a huge amount of GDC coverage coming your way. I just got back from it last night and have to say that we got a ton of great stuff.

Some GDC things to look out for:

Interviews with the Japansese creators of ICO

Interview with Eiji Aonouma (Creative Director of the Zelda series) on the evolution of the series

Coverage of the Game Developer's Choice Awards

Coverage of the Independent Game Festival

PC's take on networking with the big muckity mucks

Thanks.  I'll be sure to TiVo it for anyone who doesn't have G4 and is interested in seeing it.

Unfortunately I don't get G4 (it's not on DIRECTV), so please do TiVo it! I'd love to see what they end up showing of PC5. They shot at least 10 minutes of video talking to me, although that doesn't mean they'll use any of it at all. :)

..Al

Alright, the TiVo is set.  My many thanks to my brother for introducing me to that wonderful device.

Once the tape is made, instead of mailing out VHS tapes, I may have it burnt to a DVD-R if anyone is interested.

:idea: How about posting it to usenet (alt.binaries.emulators) too.

• 2 weeks later...