IGNORED

Fine-tuning Sixer RF

Max-T

I am still having a problem with my Heavy Sixer (yes, I am sure it is a genuine Sunnyvale unit) in that I get a perfectly clear picture, but the audio is all static.

CPUWIZ was nice enough to send me a photo of the internals, with the potentiometers for color and sound adjuctment labeled. I finally got up the guts to take my unit apart, but I couldn't figure out how to turn the sound pot. Is the proper tool an Allen wrench? I tried to turn it with a couple of different screwdriver heads, but it did not seem to move. I can't find my Allen wrenches, so if that's what it takes, I'll just buy a new set.

Sorry for another dumb question, but I'm not very handy with mechanical things. More of a software guy. Thanks for reading!

Now I've done it. I was tuning this thing, thinking it was for the RF modulator (turned out to be the sound) Yes I know I'm stupid. And now it seems to be stuck. Can't turn it left or right and I have no sound *cries* I may have screwed it all the way down, but which way is up again? is this a standard EU screw? (left = loose and right = tight)

Ok, so I found a fitting allan wrench, but it turns out I turned the coil so many times it got stuck. If I put a lot of pressure on it the coil just skips. So what is the red transistor-whatever-sound-pot called and can it be replaced, or should I arrange a burial ceremony for my Atari 2600? Help!

*shouts out with happiness* :) So they are a standard part? Does it have a specific value? I'm not familiar with these coil thingies. I'm going to ask at a local electronics store this afternoon, but I can only show them the part and ask if they have any of those. hile I'm there I'm going to get that official plastic allan wrench, I have learned my lesson. Hehe, better the hard way than not at all, right? ;) Thanks for at least saving my Atari from an early funeral CPUWIZ!

You could ask these guys http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/ for the part number written on the little insert in my bag. I got mine a long time ago from an old Atari service center. :)

Or you could buy one from me and pay a stupid amount of shipping for a single coil. LOL

I guess you would have to either way. :ponder: