IGNORED

Proposal Cart Label Contest! WINNER!

pmpddytim

Nah, the name will just take me a second to fix, and I can easily change the message if you want.

I just need to figure out why it's not working right on a real Atari. The image during the game gets kind of screwy. Weird that the problem doesn't show up in Z26. Probably has to do with moving stuff around in the DK bank.

-paul

That's a nice label, but shouldn't mario be the one doing the proposing?

Female Order of Operations #1: cute > not cute

By Extension: Anthrpomorhic Animal > Cartoon Man with Moustache

Therefore: Donkey Kong > Mario

Ooh, That's a good question, Xot. I started from the Red Label DK, but I don't know what the final one is going to be. I could change it to the Coleco style label without too much trouble if necessary. But couldn't they just put the hacked ROM in whatever cart was laying around? I dunno, I've never done anything like that before.

I just bought the ring a bit ago and was planning to pop the question to my girlfriend sometime in May. Ever since I've debated how I might propose. Then I read about your idea online and I was green with envy.

With all the ideas I had, this one is by far the best and the most original.

Might there be any way I could purchase one of these cartridges for my own? I hate to latch onto your idea -- and it's probably not proper etiquette -- but this is simply too cool to pass up.

Thanks.

Kirk

I am posting this as my entry for the contest. My entry is going along the lines of trying to make this label look worn as suggested in the original thread (page 4-the worn cart look) I used the bubble gum trading card pic-from sku_u's package that he sent me! I will dontate a white cart if necessary!

Cheers :D

Fixed the endlabel (mispelled word- :dunce: )

post-2800-1081144811_thumb.jpg

post-2800-1081144812_thumb.jpg

Might there be any way I could purchase one of these cartridges for my own? I hate to latch onto your idea -- and it's probably not proper etiquette -- but this is simply too cool to pass up.

Sure, just let me know what you want it to say, and contact Atariage about buying the cart.

-paul

What you've written with the proposal is great. If you can change the name to Sarah, that woudl be perfect. (Somehow, I don't think my girlfriend would appreciate a marriage proposal to Jennifer.)

THANKS kindly, Paul and Tim. I will contact AtariAge tonight about buying the cartridge.

Kirk

P.S. I've run the idea by a few friends and they love it. I can't wait.

Times runnin' out kids! All great contributions so far. Just thought I would point out that the contest ends on midnight April 17 so get busy!!!!

I also wanted take this time to thank all those that have helped with the entire process. I look forward to perhaps having more contests or contributing to the AA comunity further. :)

-Tim :)

OK, well ... I'm afraid I got a little carried away, perhaps, but I'm a sucker for a guy who'll go to some extra effort to do something special ... :D

There are three pix here.

#1 is a submission for the label.

#2 is a photo of a matching box for your cartridge, and maybe something to keep this

I'm cut/pasting them all and making a small scrapbook of articles, label submissions etc.. to document this and to go along with the cart. Tim
stuff in. You could even set up your 'scrapbook' to look like a 'manual' for the game, if you really wanted to get nuts ...

#3 is a .jpg of the back of the box ... to help explain why there's wedding cake flying all over the place ... ;)

I think all the entries you've gotten look great, and I had lots of fun playing with this. The box is yours if you'd like it, whichever label you might choose. Just zip us a PM with a mailing addy if you're interested.

Congrats, and best wishes to you both.

(EDIT) Oops --- didn't know it would post 'em in reverse order ... eh, well ... you get the idea ... :roll:

post-2594-1081926898_thumb.jpg

post-2594-1081926899_thumb.jpg

post-2594-1081926900_thumb.jpg

Thanks to both you and Kepone! Like I said, I probably got a bit carried away, but I was havin' fun ...

Poster, hmmm ... not a bad idea ... ;)

Actually, though, I think what you're looking at is the back of the box. Had to come up with some appropriate 'marketing' blurb, and the story just kinda grew out of the graphics and what little we know about Jennifer and her hatred of pink. :D

And the winner is.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ShyOne! 8)

All of the submissions were great and I had about 4 that I sat up all night considering, but ShyOne's was the one that I kept coming back to.

Thanks for all the interest :) .

Tim