IGNORED

Burger Time for the 5200?

kenfused

Where's Claude Peller from the old Wendy's commercials when you need her?  She would've been great for a commercial ad for this game:  "Where's the beef?  In your 5200...new from AtariAge!"

Um...dead dude, dead...

http://www.worldhistory.com/wiki/C/Clara-Peller.htm

(...and it's Clara Peller...just an FYI...)

Where's Claude Peller from the old Wendy's commercials when you need her?  She would've been great for a commercial ad for this game:  "Where's the beef?  In your 5200...new from AtariAge!"

Um...dead dude, dead...

Yeah. I heard she got run over by a big mac. ;)

Minor final?? update:

2 key will no longer switch on the music in demo mode.

Pepper bonus object will appeear on the second demo screen after enough pieces have been dropped.

Now actually built with a mak file vs a bat file. Organized and cleaned up the

build directories. Cleaned up losts of filenames for the source (this all should have no effect on game unless I messed something up)

bd_demo.zip

Final fixes?

+ Fixed recent bug: Timer until enemies speed up not stopped in paused mode.

+ Fixed old bug: Sometimes dropping multiple enemies were counted separately if an enemy wondered onto a piece at the last second as it was begin dropped and the piece would drop less and you would be cheated out of some points. (At least I think I have the problem fixed). Let me know if anyone still encounters this problem (although no-one has reported it in the past, it used to drive me crazy). Also let me know if it breaks anything else.

bd_demo.zip

• 2 years later...

Final fixes?

+ Fixed recent bug: Timer until enemies speed up not stopped in paused mode.

+ Fixed old bug: Sometimes dropping multiple enemies were counted separately if an enemy wondered onto a piece at the last second as it was begin dropped and the piece would drop less and you would be cheated out of some points. (At least I think I have the problem fixed). Let me know if anyone still encounters this problem (although no-one has reported it in the past, it used to drive me crazy). Also let me know if it breaks anything else.

Don't ask me how I found this, but on Level 4, in the 2nd column with the lowest beef patty, the byte string is not correct. It's currently AD AE AE B0 when it should be AD AE AF B0 . Doesn't affect game play because you can hardly notice the game graphic is wrong. I am not sure how that happened since I checked your source files and the leel 4 map looks good so it must have been something you changed between the demo version and the final AtariAge release. Here is a corrected demo binary along with a level 3 fixed version I posted before which inherited the same bug.

-Jeff

BD5200.BIN

Beef_Drop__fixed_level3.BIN

Um...dead dude, dead...

Have you ever heard of the concept of the "rhetorical question"? But anyway, thanks for straightening out the name.

Edited by Vic George 2K3