IGNORED

Apollo Guardian Found in the wild but I didn't buy it...

Lifeguard

I finally convince my girlfriend to spend some "quality" time with me last weekend so we get up early and head to the local swap meet early Saturday morning. Cruising around we don't see too much Atari stuff but some old cameras sidetrack me. Onto the the next row and I come across a seller I've done business with in the past. I see a boxed Fairchild Channel F with two games. $30 is the going rate but I work him down to $20. Another shopper expresses interest but the deal is already done. Vicki see's some game carts and a cartridge holder; Beanny Bopper, Spider Fighter and 61 Basic Math is what we end up with. I had all of these but she really wanted to get me something. I concede and end up paying $5 more so a payment of $25 is made and we are pseudo happy. Vicki is happy because we found something that she wanted to get for me. My wallet is not happy because I paid for it all.

Cruising around we drive by a game shop that has produced a few scores in the past but nothing really exciting. I try to compose myself and say we don't have to stop but Vicki insists and I eagerly seek a parking space close by. Inside we find a more user friendly layout than before. This place has a lot of old Atari stuff and you'd think they know the value. now the carts are on a shelf where you can actually touch them! I ask the lady behind the counter what the going rate is... "$5" is the answer. I moan in distress under my breath and turn around to make the inspection. I start picking through a few interesting titles and not knowing what is actually worth getting off the top of my head I call my brother up, AKA Atari-Rescue-Group. The 7 interesting title's get narrowd down to one. GUARDIAN.

I tell Vicki it is very rare, an 8 on the AA list. Bill talks to Vicki to confirm the rarity and I go on looking thru the stacks of carts, about 175 in all. Combat, Pac-Man, etc. Little did I know that while I'm still looking Vicki proceeds to make the purchase! I finish up and see Vicki paying for it at the counter. She is very happy. :wink: She states on the way out that she didn't want the lady to change the price! All I'm getting credit for is the delivery to my dedicated collector brother. Brown / UPS watch out! Vicki scores an "8" and cherishes the fact she purchased a very rare Atari cartridge.

I think I'll sleep in this weekend. I hope I get breakfast in bed. Vicki you owe me. :love:

Thanks for the resized photo post bjk7382. My brother is .jpg challenged %100 of the time. Speaking of my brother... At least he awarded me some "discovery" points. I'm just wondering what those are worth? Where and when can I cash them in? Can I please touch the Malagai for the Guardian find? :P