IGNORED

High Score Club: The Rules & Info - UPDATED 2024

Ze_ro

This sounds like fun, especially since I can't decide what game to play half of every time I grab a controller. You all can now feel safe in the knowledge that at least one person will have a lower score each week. I suck! But it's all for fun.

So add me to your list, please.

Max T. (max-t@satx.rr.com)

Thanks very much!

By the way, in case I accidentally forgot to stick someone in the list, please let me know. Everyone who's posted so far should be in... keep 'em coming.

Bah... phpBB screws up with my big, complicated HTML tables :(

--Zero

Where?  I've never used it, and 100K is no problem for me legit . . .

Me either, but if you are in the cave or volcano level and you shoot one pixel in front of your guy's hat, and keep shooting, you can rack the score up well over the roll over point before you ever reach the castle.

Secret Stan :)

its not the phpBB, its the disallowment that the admin has on allowing the tables, they probably have it as a disallowed code.

No, you see... I can do tables just fine:

Column
1 Here's an entry
2 And another...
3 And another...
4 ... and so on...
5 ... and so on...

The problem is that the longer the table gets, the more space gets inserted before the table for whatever reason (I'm guessing that phpBB incorrectly tries to space things out to allow room for the HTML code, which wouldn't be displayed as-is anyways). I was using a table like the above one to show all the people who've signed up, but it got so big that there would be a giant empty space above the table. With over 30 people, the space would have been enough to take up a whole screen.

Either that, or my browser (Mozilla) is just doing a crappy job or something.... does anyone else see a giant space between my first sentance and the table?

[Edit: Oh wait! I see what's happening... When I wrote all the HTML for the table, I wrote it on seperate lines... when phpBB stores that in the database, it manually converts all my 'Enter' presses into a "br" command in HTML, which forces a linefeed when it's displayed in a browser, resulting in a blank line for each line of the table... but since it seems that my browser (and probably most other browsers) doesn't actually render the table until it finds the closing table tag, the table doesn't get rendered until after all the linefeeds. I edited the table above so that all the HTML is on one line, and it solves the spacing problem... however, all that on one line looks rather ugly and is hard to edit... oh well]

--Zero