IGNORED

How rare would you consider Sears Pic label games?

shining slade

They're definitely a notch or four above the text labels. I find about one Sears picture label (any title) for every ten text labels hunting in the wild, and there's still about 5 I need (not counting the ultra-rare Superman). I just bought the pic label Basketball on eBay for $5 or $6 yesterday.

As a kid almost all of my games were purchased at Sears. I just went through my old box and saw that I don't have a single Sears picture label until the 82 releases (PacMan thru Star Raiders-I don't think a text variant even exists). I think that old school pic labels are rarer than we recognize.

I agree that the rarity guide could use an update when it comes to Sears picture label carts. IMO, most Sears picture label carts should increase in rarity by at least 1 point. However, there are some Sears picture labels I believe should decrease in rarity.

In particular, Gunslinger, Asteroids, Basketball, Breakaway IV, and Warlords should increase in rarity, while Canyon Bomber and Submarine Commander are two I feel should decrease in rarity.

And then there is Superman...who owns this?

I just bought the pic label Basketball on eBay for $5 or $6 yesterday.

Nice score! I've been looking for that one for quite some time. I don't know how I missed it.

I've not seen that many Sub Commanders, I think its rarity is fine (a bit high, but fine)

A loose copy of Submarine Commander is almost always available on ebay. I think 4 is a better rating for the cart.

I've NEVER seen the Canyon Bomber var.

It's rated a 6, which is higher than 'Gunslinger' (5). While Canyon Bomber certainly isn't common, it shows up much more often than 'Gunslinger'. At the very least, Gunslinger should increase to a 6.

Submarine Commander was the last rarity 5 game I got. It took me almost a year to find one for a reasonable price. I think it's current rarity is fine.

I agree on Gunslinger. I rarely see that one on Ebay and have never seen one in the wild. That's one of the hardest Sears pic labels to come by, not counting Superman which I think may be the rarest of all the Sears carts.

There's no way that Sears Pic Label Asteroids should be a 2. I got mine in a trade with Cassidy Nolen. It's the only one I've ever seen.  

--Jason

Not to argue, but I think I got both of the ones I had in the wild for $1 apiece, although I admit that was at least a year or two ago and I haven't seen any since then.