IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

I snagged this one - after trying for a few years to get one. Coming CIB, I expected it to go for a lot more than that. Actually, I lucked out, as $86 was my max bid! :D

--Timster--

Okay how about this one? A Spectravideo CompuMate Atari 2600 keyboard.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2705534733921?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=270553473392&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

That keyboard is pretty cool. I was going back and forth about bidding. It would make a nice display piece in an Atari collection. Glad that an AA member got it.

Seems to be alot of them up for auction recently. I bought mine like 5 years ago for like $100, boxed, but not new

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How about this one:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3304365701881?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330436570188&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This is my collection. I've finally bit the bullet and put it up. Feel free to put it on the front page if you feel it's worthy. :)

Sorry to hear you are selling it. Nice Looking lot, but as I have stated before,A lot of people don't like reserve auctions. ;) Good luck with your auctions. HHW

While I understand what you are saying, I can't justify, or take the chance of seeing this collection go for "a steal" when I have an idea of what I'd like to get for it. Besides, based on a lot I just sold last week ( eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3304344134281?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330434413428&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] ) I feel that the reserve price I set is fair.

Thanks for the good luck wishes. :)

While I understand what you are saying, I can't justify, or take the chance of seeing this collection go for "a steal"

That's a very impressive collection for sure! I guess when selling so much stuff all at once a reserve (or high starting price) is needed or the risk of seeing it "disappear" for almost nothing is too high.

Do you think it's best to sell the whole lot together or break it down in smaller parts?

I still can't figure out how ebay actually works: things really seem random over there.

Sometimes the same objects in very similar condition can fetch good prices while other times they get no interest at all. Also vendors act strangely: I was following an Intellivision console with 4 games on ebay few days ago which was at $9.99 with 0 bids. One day before the auction ended (and I decided to do my $10 bid) the item was removed and now reappeared with a buy now price of $135.95!! :? If no one wanted to bid $10 how can they hope to sell it for that price now?

Edited by roberto

I could break it up, I suppose, but honestly, I don't have time to ship out a cart here and 2 carts there. I know I could help a lot of people fill some holes in their respective collections, but time is of the essence here.

Ebay can be fickle when it comes to selling, that's for sure. :)

• 2 weeks later...