IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

• 4 months later...

I found this ones descriptions interesting: http://cgi.ebay.com/Pac-Man-Atari-RARE_W0Q...1QQcmdZViewItem

First he mentions Super Mario 3 for some reason then further down in another section this "rare" gem is described as : "A faithful rendition of the arcade classic" and as i'm sure we are all aware $8.99 for flat rate shipping is well worth it for this beauty!

I think this one is interesting just because of the sheer volume of games in it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=230285008843

The Gas Hog and Master Builder don't hurt either.

If you look at his other auctions he's got a lot of big lots of games, the intellivision one is impressive too. He must have either been a collector or owned a gaming store.

Edited by AtariLeaf

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here goes my first post, though I've been checking out the forums for some time. I met an atariage member the other day, general atarian, while looking for games and I decided to jump in. I have several auctions up right now on ebay and I have several rare games for colecovision and atari, most notably Return of the Jedi CIB 5200, Cosmic Swarm CIB, Harbor Escape, and Zaxxon with instructions. What makes my auctions interesting is that for several of my games the original store receipts were found in the boxes. Okay so it's not amazing, but it is pretty nifty if you ask me. I am quite certain that you will never see an atari game with it's original receipt ever again on Ebay(not that it likely affects value). Several of the stores are not around anymore: Zayre's, The Toy Castle, and Videorama. The Cosmic Swarm CIB has a receipt from Videorama where someone crossed out Space Chase and wrote Cosmic Swarm; lucky for me. :)

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/upndown78

Here goes my first post, though I've been checking out the forums for some time. I met an atariage member the other day, general atarian, while looking for games and I decided to jump in. I have several auctions up right now on ebay and I have several rare games for colecovision and atari, most notably Return of the Jedi CIB 5200, Cosmic Swarm CIB, Harbor Escape, and Zaxxon with instructions. What makes my auctions interesting is that for several of my games the original store receipts were found in the boxes. Okay so it's not amazing, but it is pretty nifty if you ask me. I am quite certain that you will never see an atari game with it's original receipt ever again on Ebay(not that it likely affects value). Several of the stores are not around anymore: Zayre's, The Toy Castle, and Videorama. The Cosmic Swarm CIB has a receipt from Videorama where someone crossed out Space Chase and wrote Cosmic Swarm; lucky for me. :)

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/upndown78

You have some nice games listed. Welcome to the forum!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I was told to come here by someone on another forum, I have this on ebay, not quite sure what it is but I think its a homebrew cart of some sort.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=170343185047

That is a pirate cart from back in the day, it was used to play pirated ROMs. Not worth much, but an interesting find :)

Welcome to AA by the way!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump:

I'd like to start actively doing this again, so please, if you see any interesting items (particularly items that don't show up very often, have some interesting history, are particularly rare, and so forth) please by all means post a link to them here.

Thanks!

..Al

I think this is a awesome idea.

I hope to find something neat to post...this will be fun.icon_mrgreen.gif

And has the "Al" seal'o'quality.icon_wink.gif

I haven't been very good about keeping up with it as I do not have the time to scour eBay to look for items worth posting to the front page. So I'm grateful when someone else can point out items of interest. :) If there were enough items, I could even have them displayed randomly on the front page.

..Al

Activision... business software?!?!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2804515846221?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&camp

Thank goodness they went back to games!

That is pretty interesting, too bad Apple dumped Classic in OS X as I have no way of trying it out now. :D I see that Lochjaw auction didn't get any bids and is now over. Need to find something else to post on the front page!

..Al