IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

1 hour ago, Atari_Bill said:

So this happened today…..?????

hope I didn’t overpay at $25 ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164906665521?hash=item2665340631:g:N5IAAOSwSiBgwiSw

Seriously ironic that when I opened the home page today it said "Cannon Man is the rarest game for the Sears..."

cannon.png.5cda64d9242cdfb78818e9761b18f0f6.png

That's a great find.

Edited by Dopy25

3 minutes ago, stupus said:

Wow, so you were the bin lottery winner!

1 of the last 2 sears boxes i need!

Lucky, lucky man!!!!!

Yeah, I didn’t think it would actually happen until I got it in my hands today.   I was totally prepared to have it “lost in the mail” or some other issue.  I never thought I’d get this box.  Perseverance occasionally pays off I guess.  I can’t say how nervous I was trying to get my PayPal info entered before someone else nabbed it.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Loose copies don’t really go for that much.  The price for this one is completely in the box.   The same can be said for Math Gran Prix.  You see the game quite often, but almost never see the box.  

What’s your definition of “not that much”?  The cheapest in any condition currently on eBay is $119 and the only other sold is $95 loose.  I haven’t been watching so I have no other price history to go by.

35 minutes ago, Mitkraft said:

What’s your definition of “not that much”?  The cheapest in any condition currently on eBay is $119 and the only other sold is $95 loose.  I haven’t been watching so I have no other price history to go by.

My definition is not that much.  Maybe I’m out of touch myself.  I expected no more than $40 or so. Of course with the latest price spikes, who knows?

edit…looking back, it looks like a loose game was averaging 40-50 until just a couple months ago when it jumped considerably.  

Edited by Atari_Bill
  • Like 1

I paid $1.99 for my loose cannon man at a used game store....its definitely worth more than that but its really just the box on this 1 thats gotten so crazy. Also thats pretty much true for all rhe sears stuff but not as extreme as this title.

4 hours ago, stupus said:

I paid $1.99 for my loose cannon man at a used game store....its definitely worth more than that but its really just the box on this 1 thats gotten so crazy. Also thats pretty much true for all rhe sears stuff but not as extreme as this title.

Yeah, I’m still puzzled by the recent surge in prices for boxed Sears items.  It seems like almost half the Sears library is going $100+ lately. 

3 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Yeah, I’m still puzzled by the recent surge in prices for boxed Sears items.  It seems like almost half the Sears library is going $100+ lately. 

It's the pandemic.  There has generally been a notable marketwide surge in older game prices since the pandemic started, led by the quarantine setting people to (among other things) start finding ways to pass the time indoors(e.g. video games/nostalgia hunting).  Games for other older platforms have only gotten proportionally more expensive - usually the more expensive a particular game already was before the pandemic the more it increased.

To name a few examples on the extreme end for other platforms, in only a year Suikoden 2(PS1) jumped from ~$120 pre-pandemic to over $400, Rule of Rose(PS2) jumped from ~$200 to $700-800, Solatorobo(DS) went from ~$100 to ~$500.

Atari-era games have always been pretty niche comparatively but I couldn't imagine they haven't also been affected to some extent.

Maybe a micro crash.  Once people realize they spent too much, dug a bit of a hole, then panic they'll sell their crap off when reality hits them they need the money for actual necessities.  Not an outright drop like mad, but I could see a retreat to 2019 or below levels as the door swings wide back the other way.  Staying up just doesn't seem practical as it's just in sheer abuse territory, and the more random stuff you read on forums, social media, see among people is common bitching about prices, fed up, not bothering anymore, selling stuff, getting ROM running kits or whatever as more and more are just priced out entirely or priced out because they're finding it distasteful.  The more you drive out, the harder it is to burn people with asinine prices.

Nolan Bushnell Atari Founder signed Atari Blackjack Booklet Beckett BAS Slabbed

This listing is for a signed Atari Booklet by The Father of Video Games, Atari Founder NOLAN BUSHNELL. Considered one of the founding fathers of video games, after all Atari started it all. Also founded Chuck E. Cheese. Offered here is a signed vintage Atari Cartridge Booklet of this classic game. Very Scarce.We went the extra mile here and had this cartridge Beckett BAS certified so there can be no question of its authenticity. Beckett is a premier autograph authentication company. Their authentication is accepted and used by all the major auction houses. Comes slabbed in one of their popular holders.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224503699402

Edited by roadrunner

I was browsing for Super Action Controllers on eBay, and this listing popped up: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/304036433259?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

While the Super Action Controller is in pretty rough shape, I do see they have as an unspecified extra controller a Champ CA-340 in with the lot. Which I think is fairly rare to find?

It is certainly a bit of a unique item I think, a keypad accessory that allows you to play a Colecovision using a third party 9-pin joystick rather then the original controller.

I had that happen on some light blue plastic toys from the 80s, and I had a blue one of those guns for SNES where it just started to do that.  IT's nothing to do with smoking, it's the junk in the plastic reacting to UV and some other funk in the environment that twinges the color to look that bad. It's not pretty, it can be fixed with the old retrobriting ideas if it's a huge issue, but selling it as a green gun is a joke.  If the gun say were worth $50 I wouldn't pay more than $10-20 tops,  because then I'd need to invest in the stuff needed to de-green that and value my time at some level too.

• 2 weeks later...

I miss the glory days of a group of members posting on threads like this. Some of usv disliked others but had mutual respect. The banter, friendship, bragging, and helping each other out. Well I am going to try to get it going again. Remember no posting of hidden items in an on going auction. Good BINS you don't want, post. Crow as loud as you want. Let's have some fun. 

• Like 1