IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

On 4/13/2023 at 10:08 PM, 0078265317 said:

And here is one with an audio wire connected.  Not sure what for.

Nes Controller

That controller is fantastic.  I've owned once twice before.  If you pop that audio cable into an original NES or compatible system, what it does is take the audio from the NES mono port an uses some internal processor to do a pseudo stereo sound which largely works quite nicely.  I had this fun monster cable Y split from like 30 years ago and back then it actually very well split the audio into a receiver for the same effect.

Some games it's obvious the audio is thrown to one speaker or the other which depending gets weird.  Mostly though and definitely on better and later coded games it seemed like they were almost developed with stereo in mind as you'll get this nice even flow and even a perceived panning effect a bit.  Castlevania III, Mario 3, and Kirby were real stand outs.

The game pad itself has a firm well set feel to it that mimics the NES fantastic.  I don't like third party controllers but highly recommend that one.  I'm quite tempted to buy it myself.

It has a phones/speaker port that will split that audio inside the controller.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

That controller is fantastic.  I've owned once twice before.  If you pop that audio cable into an original NES or compatible system, what it does is take the audio from the NES mono port an uses some internal processor to do a pseudo stereo sound which largely works quite nicely.  I had this fun monster cable Y split from like 30 years ago and back then it actually very well split the audio into a receiver for the same effect.

Some games it's obvious the audio is thrown to one speaker or the other which depending gets weird.  Mostly though and definitely on better and later coded games it seemed like they were almost developed with stereo in mind as you'll get this nice even flow and even a perceived panning effect a bit.  Castlevania III, Mario 3, and Kirby were real stand outs.

The game pad itself has a firm well set feel to it that mimics the NES fantastic.  I don't like third party controllers but highly recommend that one.  I'm quite tempted to buy it myself.

It has a phones/speaker port that will split that audio inside the controller.

There are a bunch on ebay.  That is just the cheapest.

I'm aware I saw it.  The first one I had was second hand as was the next, but that first was complete, the box and manual are kind of interesting for it, much like the beeshu zipper which has the little pop on mini sticks and a good flip out manual too which I do have.

I got something pretty special yesterday and I un-retired my action set, so this controller could be an asset given the speaker thing would be an improvement.

• 3 weeks later...

Tota

23 hours ago, Dopy25 said:

Yes, totally fake repro by everyone's friend Randy at Hozer. The Hozer Head logo is giveaway #1. The "glossy" label is giveaway #2. Wizard Games labels were just cheap matte label stock. 

Photo May 04 2023, 1 26 26 PM.jpg

Photo May 04 2023, 1 25 44 PM.jpg

Photo May 04 2023, 1 25 52 PM.jpg

• Like 3

On 5/4/2023 at 4:30 PM, groundtrooper said:

Tota

Yes, totally fake repro by everyone's friend Randy at Hozer. The Hozer Head logo is giveaway #1. The "glossy" label is giveaway #2. Wizard Games labels were just cheap matte label stock. 

Photo May 04 2023, 1 26 26 PM.jpg

Photo May 04 2023, 1 25 44 PM.jpg

Photo May 04 2023, 1 25 52 PM.jpg

I sent them a message the day this was listed telling them so.  They sent me a "Thank You" Message but didnt change the listing.  Just another Piece of Shit seller

• Sad 1

Such a bummer. I didn't even realize. I just knew it was something sought after. I really hope the people looking for it know that one is fake. It's already WAY over the price it should be for that. 

I am sure they don't care. It appears to be ran by the Salvation Army. Not sure if the headquarters would even care as long as it brings them a buck. Although I am sure their books are better maintained than Goodwill. 

On 5/8/2023 at 4:16 PM, Allan said:

Well, buyer beware. That's a tough lesson. Hopefully the buyer learns from it. You have to do your research.

Well, some poor sucker is out $102+ for a terrible Hozer repro. I hope it works. I have got 2-3 Hozers in my collection that came in lots, (I would never pay a dime for one myself) and most of them don't work. They have been cleaned and NOTHING. 

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

Well 15 watchers now,

I'm just watching because I hope nobody buys it.  Has anyone told the seller it's a repro,  just in case he really doesn't know?  Maybe an appeal to his/her morals is in order.

this one looks suspicious. what's with the black paint, masking, it appears. And overseas. No other pics

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184637533005?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=6jjB-hVES0q&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=DmGidJaSRSO&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by Atari8bitCarts
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Atari8bitCarts said:

this one looks suspicious. what's with the black paint, masking, it appears. And overseas. No other pics

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184637533005?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=6jjB-hVES0q&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=DmGidJaSRSO&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Kinda weird for sure, but it is in the proper shell at least. Looking at mine everything seems to be legit, but that black paint is kind of a deal breaker. Obviously the sellers definition of "Beautiful Condition" and my definition are two different things. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Atari8bitCarts said:

21 hours ago, groundtrooper said:

Kinda weird for sure, but it is in the proper shell at least. Looking at mine everything seems to be legit, but that black paint is kind of a deal breaker. Obviously the sellers definition of "Beautiful Condition" and my definition are two different things. 

Looks to me like maybe it was stored with something, like another cart (offset) on top of it,  as if light got to part of it and the "mottling" then occurred over time...

16 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

Just found this.  Is this Wirth the 67.07 he is asking?

ebay

Bit hard to answer.  Is it worth the money? (Probably)...Is it Authentic?  No,  I don't believe so.  It's a Chinese knockoff...Notice "Unbranded".  (And sometimes the wait for Chinese products makes them hard to return etc.)  I bought all of my Everdrives from KRIKZZ.Com.  They engineered the Original Product;  Why not support them?  Yes they're pricey, but Ukrainians in general have had it very rough lately,  through no fault of their own. 

THIS IS THE TICKET!!

2 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Bit hard to answer.  Is it worth the money? (Probably)...Is it Authentic?  No,  I don't believe so.  It's a Chinese knockoff...Notice "Unbranded".  (And sometimes the wait for Chinese products makes them hard to return etc.)  I bought all of my Everdrives from KRIKZZ.Com.  They engineered the Original Product;  Why not support them?  Yes they're pricey, but Ukrainians in general have had it very rough lately,  through no fault of their own. 

THIS IS THE TICKET!!

That's why I always wondered if cheaper alternatives or knock offs were worth it.  There was a similar one inn orange and black and yellow but I don't see it anymore.  I just need 5 or 10 rooms on a disk.  That is all.  So I don't want to overspend.  I wanted all the gun modified to work on LCD with the timing thing fixed roms on 1 cart.  That is it.  Nothing else.  I wanted to see how they work.  I paid 20 bucks for a modified duckhunt cart.  And now I want to try the rest.  On a real net of course.  No emulation on my pc.  A real NES hooked to my 4k tv so I can test.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, GoldenWheels said:

Legit could have bought each game from the store for less (and they'd all work...pretty sure at least one of the games on this cart is broken). As a 7800 collector though...I totally get it. Any unique Bob D stuff I have ain't getting sold.

image.thumb.png.1a64036fa3d87c150daedb214192af9a.png

Yes, you could have bought all 8 of these games with manuals for less than half of what this person paid, and you would have had extra cash to buy the REST of Bob's 7800 games for that total price. ;)

I believe that one of the variations of Space Invaders has some problems in this cart. I was gifted this collection by a very generous member of this community and am happy to have it in my collection. 

Photo May 28 2023, 3 52 15 PM.jpg

• Like 2