IGNORED

OKGE 2003 more pics...

-^CrossBow^-

Before I forgot about these completely...I wanted you all to see the few pics I took of the show. I had eventually meant to put these on a real page with captions. But this never happened. Perhaps another time.

I actually didn't take most of these. And some of them were taken by Albert himself when he snuck off with my father in laws camera...

Still here they are for those who were there and remembered.

http://ivorytower.emuviews.com/okge/images...3_okge_gallery/

Enjoy!

8)

*Drool* .....That show looked fantastic! I really, really wanted to go to the event, but I had insomnia the night before, and the anxiety about not getting enough sleep kicked up so much adrenalin into my system, I managed to fall asleep only half an hour before I was going to start out. I just couldn't risk being on the road for so many hours without sleep. I would just be a danger to myself and everyone on the road with me.

From the pictures, it doesn't look like it was heavily attended. When I say 'heavily attended', I mean like AGE, which was wall-to-wall people. It would have been nice to be able to have a conversation with someone without resorting to almost screaming. And there were a lot more consoles out at OKGE than there were at AGE. I've never had the opportunity to play an Amiga CD32. Or a NeoGeo. And one picture really startled me. For a minute, I thought someone was playing Burgertime on a Jaguar.

Actually, from my admittedly limited perspective behind my table, I coulda sworn it was 200-400 people total (though we're not talking about everyone there at the same time). The morning crowd was different from the afternoon crowd, but there were quite a few people who were there for the duration.

the anxiety about not getting enough sleep kicked up so much adrenalin into my system, I managed to fall asleep only half an hour before I was going to start out. I just couldn't risk being on the road for so many hours without sleep.

Funny thing is, this is EXACTLY what I did. :lolblue: I stayed up the whole night before finishing off all of my print material - signage, name tags, lots and lots of handouts, etc. etc. - and I wound up conking out for a little bit at my table. (Thank goodness Kent was there to keep demoing stuff - I'm still a bit disappointed that no one snapped a picture of me in post-lunch "standby mode" - not my proudest moment, but in hindsight, it's kinda funny.) It was a great show to get around and meet people and hold normal conversations at normal speaking volume, like you said.

Let's see...I know you took the coke can pic. Hence why I said it was the Al Darkside pic...cause you snapped a coke can. Also you snapped the pic I believe of the combat Carts you scored from Vintage. Although Dale may have gotten in a few pictures himself. My wife is the only other one who took pics besides you and I and maybe Dale...so It isn't hard to figure it out.

Still someday I might put these up on a real gallery like page with thumbnails and the sort with captions to match.

• 3 weeks later...
And one picture really startled me. For a minute, I thought someone was playing Burgertime on a Jaguar.

Burgertime on a Jaguar.........

Yes, it's an unreleased game that I found in the back of a trash dumpster!

:)

Seriously, I just displayed to many consoles on that table. It was "Arcade's Greatest Hits, The Midway Collection 2" on my PSOne.

OKGE was a great show. Hopefully, we can have another this year.

A big "THANK YOU" to Jesse, and everyone that helped him with OKGE last year!

Brad

• 1 month later...

Not trying to dig up old topics. But since the edit function doesn't exist anymore. I wanted to state a correction in that the link in the first post no longer functions for viewing the OKGE 2003 pictures. Instead for any interested and reading...here is the new link for this gallery. It requires the flash plugin to view them.

http://www.okge.com/galleries.htm

See you guys in September!

[/url]

Before I forgot about these completely...I wanted you all to see the few pics I took of the show. I had eventually meant to put these on a real page with captions. But this never happened. Perhaps another time.

I actually didn't take most of these. And some of them were taken by Albert himself when he snuck off with my father in laws camera...

Still here they are for those who were there and remembered.

http://ivorytower.emuviews.com/okge/images...3_okge_gallery/

Enjoy!

8)

Link appears broken, nothing coming up.

Curt