IGNORED

Pleiades Scoring

NovaXpress

I was playing this tonight and while on that second wave I was shooting those big freaking birds and started to wonder why I couldn't just run up the score. I just kept shooting them until I racked up 10,000 and got bored. I figure I could do this for hours if I really wanted to.

So there's no penalty for just picking off easy birds? High scores on this game would be rather meaningless then. The test is how many levels one can make it through.

I was playing this tonight and while on that second wave I was shooting those big freaking birds and started to wonder why I couldn't just run up the score.  I just kept shooting them until I racked up 10,000 and got bored.  I figure I could do this for hours if I really wanted to.

So there's no penalty for just picking off easy birds?  High scores on this game would be rather meaningless then.  The test is how many levels one can make it through.

Same thing with mario brothers 2600 I mentioned in another thread.

If you ever send any scores into twin galaxies they won't let you use the little point cheats like that. If they see you doing that in a video they won't accept your score.

If you ever send any scores into twin galaxies they won't let you use the little point cheats like that. If they see you doing that in a video they won't accept your score.

That's no solution. Maybe I'm just poor at hitting the sweet spot on that spaceship. Damn, I missed again. Might as well shoot some birds while I wait for another chance. TG would be forced to make a judgement call on my playing style.

If TG ends up evaluating playing style rather than total points, it all becomes pointless and subjective. High scores on games like this are simply no measure of skill.

I don't think they are that strict, but if you do the same cheat for the whole game then I think they would say something. I think they list these under the game listing. Like in the Seaquest Listing Which says "Point scrabbing is not allowed!!!"

I just searched for this game and they only have the arcade version on there now. You could probly get it added and point out the cheat.

I was playing this tonight and while on that second wave I was shooting those big freaking birds and started to wonder why I couldn't just run up the score.  I just kept shooting them until I racked up 10,000 and got bored.  I figure I could do this for hours if I really wanted to.

So there's no penalty for just picking off easy birds?  High scores on this game would be rather meaningless then.  The test is how many levels one can make it through.

Heck, just flick the difficulty switch and you can go on for days without losing a life :)

I had the dubious honour of trying to figure out the scoring for the Pleiades manual. Just a casual look at the points you attain shows that this was really still a 'work in progress' - awesome game nonetheless.