IGNORED

8K Advent...FIXED

Nukey Shay

"Catacombs" refers to the original dark maze in Adventure...the gate is in the center of screen 2 (temporarily). It is completely filled in...so it looks like part of the wall.

I think I know why it doesn't (and will not) work...it's because the program forces the surround graphic to be sprite 1. What happens is that the gate is also trying to be sprite 1...so the ball never collides with the open gate to let you in. So much for putting a gate in catacombs :lol:

Also, the bridge being automatically dropped only seems to appear in game 1...still trying to track down a cause for that.

I fixed the screen jumps (I think). As I suspected, it was being caused by the title screen graphic. I swapped print objects to correct this.

You can still end up with ghost objects tho. Suppose this happens...

The bat is ready to drop an object. You bump the object. Now you have a "ghost" of that object. It will function just like the real one...but if you drop it, it disappears from the screen (because the bat is still holding it too). So it will wind up on the screen where the bat is (or where it finally dropped it). I still need to correct this bug.

The 2nd bat still chases the 1st...I need to correct this yet. I had put that in to try to solve the problem of the 1st bat's held object not being ignored by the 2nd bat. Doesn't work too well yet.

The second secret area works as planned...and panels inside IT slide open as expected :)

Here's a BIG hint...

I couldn't add a second dot to open left panels (as seen in Indenture), so I reused an object to allow it. Just as the first dot works, the object needs to be on the screen where the panel is...and the entry screen is totally off-limits to the bat and dragons. The dangerous part is this:

IF you use the object to gain entry to the 2nd secret room...and then the bat flies off with it...you will be totally trapped! Unable to pass the panel...and even unable to get back into the 2nd secret room! Proceed with caution (as I said, exploring is best done with both bats safely locked away...preferably with all the dragons (so you can game reset without having to kill them all again).

Binary in 1st post.

QUOTE("Nukey Shay

Also @ the bridge being automatically dropped only seems to appear in [b)

game 1[/b]...still trying to track down a cause for that.

Nope, happened to me in game 3.

have not tried the latest version yet, though....

Also, the bridge being automatically dropped only seems to appear in game 1...still trying to track down a cause for that.

Nope, happened to me in game 3.

have not tried the latest version yet, though....

Weird...I just played a few rounds of both games 2 and 3 and it worked (?).

Damn these bugs!!

Still haven't achieved it but thats because I switched to the latest version and its thrown me off a bit. Oh well I will keep at it. Your right Nukey..Its best to kill the dragons first lockup the bats then press with the secret..In the previous version I had the dot down...So If I am understanding this right, you use the dots and the green key in the same location or am I confused with the term catacombs? Still stumped....can I get "What is a screen shot for 500 Alex"? :D

Additional hints -

There is NO second dot. You need to use a certian object to pass the left panels...the original dot still opens up right panels.

The screenshot above is hidden behind a LEFT panel (different from Indenture).

If you carry the object into the secret area...there's a risk of being stuck between two panels (and losing the object). To lower the risk of this happening, set the regular dot outside the corresponding right panel.

But the object responsible? Sorry, if you set it down in there, it might be tricky to get again (but not impossible!).

The secret area also makes it possible to get YOURSELF locked in a castle! I didn't think that would be possible...but it is! This trick opens up a new challenge in the game...how to retrieve a key that is locked in it's own castle. :)

Binary is fixed...I just played a successful round in each game variation.

The problem with the bridge was connected to the bats. Their problem was in 2 parts:

They were looking at the ROOMS that the "wanted" object is in...instead of the actual number of the object. Once the compare falls thru, the object is set to "null" - which shares it's number with the bridge (which is why it couldn't be carried...it was constantly zeroing it out each pass through the loop).

And in addition, I had done the instruction to "ignore" the other bat's object at the wrong time...it should have been done before they even attempt an object pickup.

This seems to have been the cause of the program getting hung up and using too much time as well...the screen jumping is cleared.

Game posted up top :)

BTW I found that if you are in a locked castle...you can't escape from it thru the door...EVEN if you are carrying it's own key!!

Ever wonder what happens to a key that's swallowed up by the castle gate?...

post-222-1081588512_thumb.jpg

I found that by using some trickery with the bridge in game 1, you can use the new secret areas to access the white castle area and the catacombs in game 1 as well. You'll find the red dragon guarding the white key 2 screens below the castle, and the bats locked up in the castle (the funny thing is that the 1st bat is not moving...the 2nd one flies out as soon as you open the gate). If you make it that far, moving up or down from the catacombs will place you back in the regular game 1 screens. Here's how to get there:

Using the object that opens up the left panels, drop it ON the panel (so you can grab it from the other side). Drop the bridge and at least 1 other object in that manner as well. Move through the panel. You will now be in ONE of the secret areas (there's 4 areas now). Carefully move the bridge and the 2 other objects there as well...taking care to move the object that opens the panels LAST. Because once it's off the screen, the panel will no longer take you into that room. You should now be in a secret room with the 3 objects. Push 2 of them through the lower wall, and use the bridge to "walk" your way through the lower wall. Once in the lower room, grab each object and drop them off the screen to the right (don't move off the screen yet, or you will get stuck). Once all 3 objects are off the screen, move to the right - you'll now be below the white castle. To get those objects back into game 1, drop them off the screen above the catacombs. Once you move there yourself, you will be "teleported" back to the screen above the green dragon room...so be careful not to forget your items! This also happens above and below the lower-right panel screen (to the right of the catacombs) The upper passage takes you to the inside of the black castle, and the lower passage takes you to the green dragon room :)

The secrets just keep multiplying :D

SON OF A BITCH......I just turned the game off.... :lolblue: Guess I will be starting over from scratch.....I played this thing all night (kept resetting) bastard black dragon was pissing me off- :x . Since I have to start over :dunce: Could you post another teasing screenshot?? Fark Fark Fark

:D

At first I thought of using the numbered dragons to signify which one of those would open up the 4 original panels, but I didn't use that idea (because using that method, it would be impossible to use panels in the secret areas...the dragons can't go there). So I turned an existing object that is not very useful into something that is very useful (that's the biggest hint I can think of).

Things to do yet:

-finish using the screens...I still have 23 unused.

-Perhaps finally start taking advantage of the higher resolution (the only screens that currently do are the ones inside the red castle).

-move the green gate out of the catacombs, since it can't work there (I think it might be causing a screen jump as well).

-alter the bats so they can no longer be "trained" to fly in one directon...this is an easy fix, but I haven't yet implemented it since it makes the testing a bit easier.

-change the black dragon so it no longer guards anything...but is always on the hunt for you (it currently guards the white key and chalise...same as red).

-give the spectacles the ability to see dark rooms.

-try to bump the speed of the objects up a bit. This one is iffy, since the higher the number gets, the more choppy they move.

-try to work in additional game selections 4, 5 and 6 (so the original game can still be played in addition to all the new changes).

Try this one...I activated the x-ray specs. Not fully bugtested yet, so there might be some screen jumps. I'll post a corrected one once the bugs are worked out. It won't let you find objects buried in walls (since everything solid turns black), but it will help locate the dot if you accidentally drop it :) And it shows the dark rooms clearly :D

I also moved the green gate out of the catacombs...since they don't work there anyway :(

There is a slight bug with the magnet. If a bat is carrying it, it won't attract objects (since I told the computer to ignore objects held by bats). I'll need to code in a redundancy routine to deal with it.

Also flashing objects seem to lose a bit of time someplace, so they might appear 1 scanline too high...still working that issue out as well.

Screen jitters are happening again when items wrap around the screen...damn it :x

Same problem as regular Adventure, there is a slim chance that the yellow key will be assigned to the yellow castle due to the random seed value. Since I now have 4 additional game objects, I can try to mix that up a bit to eliminate that problem (but I haven't fixed it yet).

I just discovered -part- of the screen glitch problem. The original game checked for 3 keys/gates. Now I'm checking 5 (which takes a bit more time). To even this out a bit, I check 3 gates the first pass, and then the next 2 the next pass. I just tried it and the gates function pretty much the way the did before...except that you'll be unable to hit them from the side to enter a castle. Now I just need to solve the screen wraparound glitch and the problem with the 5th gate :)

Damn...the bats were grabbing a magnet being held by the other bat! :x

Fixed again

If I can't solve that screen glitch...I might have to eliminate the second bat :( Though this would make it possible to add in still ANOTHER dragon. Tho I kinda wanted 2 bats in the game...it's what I set out to do way back when. ;)

For additional challenge, I could make it so that you can't carry a bat :evil:

Did you take the bats out? :?

I just played game 3 of your most recent binary( been downloading each of them as you posted them ) the bats were nowhere to be found! And the dragons kept ganging up on me since the sword was also nowhere to be found!

Anyway, I used the spectacles( awesome feature, still trying to figure out how you implemented the x-ray effect ) to retrieve the dot, then later, in the secret areas, I used the bridge to get to the screen that Atari Troll posted, and used the spectacles to try and find a way thru the vertical walls to get to the missles on either side, but I couldn't align the bridge to accomplish this.

I'm guessing you haven't built any connecting rooms to that room yet?

I like this hack! 8)