IGNORED

Jerks on the Loose!

Albert

I don't really understand the situation at hand but I did see the posts by the offending party and I'm glad to see that the situation is under control.

I do wonder if some people let video games completely run their lives to the point where they get bored and decide to attack others and destroy reputations. There's something seriously wrong with folks who come here and post for those reasons alone.

This is wrong, I agree...

Fine that we agree here. Maybe you or some of your friends have some influence on the person in question. He definitely needs some good advice.

..., but why is it okay for people to take pot shots at CGE?

What did they ever do to YOU?

Ok, I remember having seen some attacks against CGE on AtariAge and vice versa on DP (I haven't seen Ken Love attacking anyone). IMO it is sad that this is happening at all.

But I think you also agree, these attacks have a new "quality" which I haven't seen (and hope never have to see again) from anybody on AA or DP before. Not only are they made annonymous (wow, that must be a honest person who needs doing that :roll:) and even start threatening someones health and life (Combined with an annonymous account, IMO this is criminal! Though taking the person in question serious after all is way too much credit for him...), but also they where completely uncalled. So now he has started attacking people in public for nothing.

IMO he deserves a looong break from the whole community now. I hope, with some help from his friends he will eventually grow up then.

This is wrong, I agree...

Fine that we agree here. Maybe you or some of your friends have some influence on the person in question. He definitely needs some good advice.

Why would I or some of my friends have some influence on the person in question? I don't even know who it is! But everyone else seems so certain of who it was. I don't understand all this crap lately. "Unnamed persons" notwithstanding, why don't you call out the person that pulled the stunts and have it done with? Instead of people trying to cause problems with CGE in retribution?

Actually im none too sure about who he/she is but all i know is that he/she

may belong to this un-named party which i also have no clue what party

that may be!

I have no idea! all i think know is that he/she knows

something about some games that are as yet unknown to the general public

and for some reason or another Ken Love wants to keep it secret for a little while longer (i Think!)

Yet again as for reasons as yet unknown!

KLucanSTFU shouldn't have been rude and offensive

on a public server

if anyone could enlighten me as to what excatly is going on it would be much appreciated! :)

Why would I or some of my friends have some influence on the person in question?  I don't even know who it is!  But everyone else seems so certain of who it was. I don't understand all this crap lately.  "Unnamed persons" notwithstanding, why don't you call out the person that pulled the stunts and have it done with?

I leave the answer to the Als, just because it is their board and their members are being attacked.

Instead of people trying to cause problems with CGE in retribution?

Again, where was anybody attacking CGE in this (or any related) thread? Actually the first person mentioning CGE was you. :?

And, if you really have now idea who the person is, why do you seem to think he has anything to do with CGE? :ponder:

Instead of people trying to cause problems with CGE in retribution?

Again, where was anybody attacking CGE in this (or any related) thread? Actually the first person mentioning CGE was you. :?

And, if you really have now idea who the person is, why do you seem to think he has anything to do with CGE? :ponder:

Exactly. NO ONE said ANYTHING about CGE in this thread, yet punkoffgirl, you somehow pull the association out of thin air. For someone who supposedly doesn't know or have an idea of who this person is, you sure do know who he is associated with somehow. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Stop trying to defend someone who is blatantly causing trouble in this hobby, punkoffgirl. It'll make you look more reasonable and less idiotic.

Actually im none too sure about who he/she is but all i know is that he/she

may belong to this un-named party which i also have no clue what party

that may be!

if anyone could enlighten me as to what excatly is going on it would be much appreciated! :)

...and the Pulitzer goes to....

-Bry

Stop trying to defend someone who is blatantly causing trouble in this hobby, punkoffgirl.  It'll make you look more reasonable and less idiotic.

Idiotic? That's real nice.

I'm NOT defending ANYONE, especially because I really don't know who you all think I know that did this. If someone would care to share via PM or whatever, then fine. Hey, if I have influence, I'd be glad to use it.

So you're all telling me the remark about people in "SJ" had nothing to do with CGE? And that's just a coincidence? Not to mention a few other events happening lately.

So you're all telling me the remark about people in "SJ" had nothing to do with CGE?  And that's just a coincidence?  Not to mention a few other events happening lately.

What does that comment have to do with the contents of THIS thread??? NOTHING. That was in a totally different thread. This thread is about moron(s) harassing people on AA. YOU were the ONLY one to bring CGE into this thread. If you had posted about CGE to the other thread, then it would have made more sense. But since you posted your comment about CGE in THIS thread, it kind of looks like you know who or at least have a good idea of who is doing this harassing.

As for remarks against CGE, even in that thread the post about SJ did NOT say CGE. Sorry but CGE is not the only show to be held in San Jose. Last time I checked there are a whole mess of other shows that are held there. Also the thread just said "SJ people". Does it SAY ANYWHERE "CGE people"? No. Review your reading skills. You made the leap and whether or not you were right about what the post was referring to is irrelevant, b/c you are the only one getting all worked up here.

I don't know, you kind of look like you're getting worked up, what with all the bold words, capital letters, excessive punctuation, and interesting attempts to question my intelligence :)

I don't believe I ever said there was anything in this exact thread regarding CGE; I suppose it might have been my own fault for assuming people would know which thread I was talking about, considering the topic of this thread is the other (With the "SJ") that got locked due to some childish, abusive posts. The posts that were linked to in this thread. I couldn't exactly respond to the comments about "SJ" in the other thread, as it was locked. Seems pretty common sense to me. You, cvo, are going a long way to justify and/or explain remarks made by another person, so your explanations are mere speculation. I don't believe I made any comments warranting an attack on my person, so it makes me wonder what kind of nerve I hit that caused you to react so.

I don't know, you kind of look like you're getting worked up, what with all the bold words, capital letters, excessive punctuation, and interesting attempts to question my intelligence :)

You are right, I get carried away when I have to explain things over and over explicitly to those of a lesser IQ. The bold words, the capital letters---they are there as visual aid to help you understand the key points. You know, the concept of GETTING THE POINT. :) Here, let me sum up this thread for you:

Albert: "People are being jerks and are harassing AA members."

Random people: "Those morons need to get a life."

Punkoffgirl: "Waaaah why does everyone have something against CGE? Waaahhh"

Cvo: "This thread is not about CGE, it's about idiots harassing AA members."

Punkoffgirl: "Waaaaah but it is! Everything and I mean EVERYTHING is about CGE waaaah!!!"

I don't believe I ever said there was anything in this exact thread regarding CGE; I suppose it might have been my own fault for assuming people would know which thread I was talking about, considering the topic of this thread is the other (With the "SJ") that got locked due to some childish, abusive posts.  

Topic of this thread is JERKS ON THE LOOSE. Reading skills---very important in today's society. Try honing your reading skills sometime. It would make for less confusion.

You, cvo, are going a long way to justify and/or explain remarks made by another person, so your explanations are mere speculation.  I don't believe I made any comments warranting an attack on my person, so it makes me wonder what kind of nerve I hit that caused you to react so.

I wanted to make it clear to you that someone referred to SJ people. Your linking an association of SJ people to CGE people is your problem. Don't try to gain sympathy for whoever is causing all this trouble that started this thread in the first place. If you want to bring to light your concerns about CGE or whatever, start a new thread or post it in a relevant thread. Don't try to derail this thread into a "waaaah CGE" thread.

As for the nerve you hit, it's the nerve that gets hit really bad when I read ignorant posts. :D

Oooh. So this kind of flaming, by you, of me, is tolerated here?

As for reading comprehension, you might want to double check, because I never said everything is about CGE. As I said, I was commenting on the thread linked to in this thread. You appear to be the only one that has a problem with it.

Oooh.  So this kind of flaming, by you, of me, is tolerated here?  

As for reading comprehension, you might want to double check, because I never said everything is about CGE.  As I said, I was commenting on the thread linked to in this thread.  You appear to be the only one that has a problem with it.

Please, my friends. Let us cease this arguing at once for the good of the community! Tis a simple misunderstanding, is all. :)

As for reading comprehension, you might want to double check, because I never said everything is about CGE.  As I said, I was commenting on the thread linked to in this thread.  You appear to be the only one that has a problem with it.

You say CGE yet get mad when others say CGE? Cold weather must have frozen your brain and the membrane got torn with the shards of ice. Take a deep breath, calm down, and leave the soap opera garbage at the door so the sanitation department can get it out of here before it stinks up the place! :P

I have to agree. IMO this kind of flaming is unnecessary. Let's behave rational and a bit more cool, ok? :|

Personal insulting won't help anyone (except some people's egos maybe). :roll:

Any moderator around who can explain the rules? :?

There is no reason for a generic poster not involved with the classic gaming business like myself to know what you're talking about, but it's pretty easy to figure out. It seems like Albert was attempting to deal with a problem while not making it a public issue, which of course leads to the kids starting up a pissing match and going all haywire with their emoticons. I'd swear this was the OT forum.

I just wanna tell all you people behind the websites and the expos and the repro companies a story, and please bear with it:

When that rave scene became hot in the late 90s I made a lot of money by throwing such parties. Much like the classic gaming scene, the rave scene was the small rebel fringe in a big industry. We didn't go through the usual distributors, didn't pay for things the usual way and we used word-of-mouth and web resources to build business rather than conventional advertising. In short, we were people forming our own independent groups and doing it all ourselves in order to please others who shared our interest and make a living doing what we love.

But as the scene got bigger and the money stacks grew higher, we were no longer just fans sharing the same form of entertainment. The production companies started to go to war with one another. The insults and slander flew as people tried to sabotage each other's events. The insider fans, the ones who knew the production groups, began to take sides as well. And caught in the middle were the mainstream fans, the ones who just wanted to enjoy their music and have fun. As the fighting grew louder, these fans stopped having fun and they left. So in the end only the insiders remained and there was no money to fight over anymore.

The smart move is to keep this infighting to yourselves. No one outside of your personal circles cares about it, nor should they. Remember that you don't have millions of dollars in advertising and media connections to hype your products. This is a small scene driven strictly by the love of the fans. The more shit like this that eurupts, the less fun the hobby will become. And just like in my old business, you all may not have any dollars or attention left to fight over.

NovaXpress my man... such a tale... so much truth... sadly I see the same currently happening with both PhillyClassic and CGE, AtariAge and DP. It won't surprise you to learn that several vendors more affiliated with PC that are going to the MidWest Classic were threatening not to attend if DP didn't withdraw their sponsorship on the event. That's how petulent and egotistical things are starting to get in the retro scene.

Yes I work on the DP guide and am moreso in tune with Joe's place... but I still hang here because there are some good people on this site and it's got a different angle.

Sadly I see a similar thing happening with the retro scene if the act isn't cleaned up. Indeed a number of fellow people are getting sick of the infighting and bitchiness (akin to what you stated re the rave scene) and are seriously considering not attending ANY shows and just doing their own thing. Is this what we want? Of course it isn't... but I really don't know what can be done to retake the status quo we once had.

Retro got bigger... unfortunately for all the good things (such as Nolan Bushnell attending last year's CGE) I don't think it has overall for the better...

Wait, people are posting death threats over an unreleased proto . . .?

Lame, lame, lame-ity lame.

People are choosing sides in a hobby that's not all that large to begin with?

Not pleasant.

Maybe the poop-stirrers, who are almost certainly reading this, should consider sitting down and playing some games rather than attacking people over them.

Just my 2 damaged pesos . . .

Since this thread is about harassment of AA members, I figured it was time to post about the harassment I have been receiving for the last year. As this harassment has just started again anew, it seems even more appropriate to finally post this. For the last year I have been receiving magazine subscriptions and also getting signed up for numerous mailing lists online. Basically I have been signed up for over 20 mailing/spam lists, and 14 or so magazine subscriptions. This behavior started on May 30, 2003, when I received the first mailing list notice. The first magazine subscription arrived shortly after that.

The magazines I have been subscribed to include:

- Woman's Day

- Country Collectables

- Country Almanac

- Anime Invasion

- WWF Raw x2

- Disney Adventures

- Parenting Magazine

- Spin Magazine

- Cycle World

- EGM x 4

- PSM (Playstation 2 Magazine)

- Lo Rider

- Tips and Tricks

- Xtreme R/C Cars

Woman's Day just arrived today. The name "Matty Reichert" has been used on most of the subscriptions, as well as "Matt Reichert". One even had the name "Matt Vendil". For the record, Curt Vendel has also been the victim of false magazine subscriptions for some time now. Several of these magazine subscription cards have bounced back, either due to insufficient postage of for payment due. Here is a scan of one of these cards:

Card1_Front.jpg

Card1_Back.jpg

Here is another card, notice that the person is familiar with my role in AtariProtos.com:

Card3.jpg

Notice the postmark on the back of the first card. Wilkes Barre, PA. This post office is located less than five miles from Scott Stilphen's home address. Here is a map connecting the two addresses:

PostOffice1.gif

As for the 20+ mailing/spam lists I have been signed up for, I was able to obtain the IP addresses used to sign me up for several of them. Here is one example:

Date: May 30, 2003 4:56:17 PM CDT

To: "Matthew Reichert"

Subject: RE: Subscription Abuse

Matt,

Here's what's in the subscribe log for that address:

5/30/2003 12:29:12      subscribe       204.186.148.80

tempest@atariprotos.com CIO Update      SUCCESS

Time is Pacific.  Of course, you will not actually be subscribed unless you reply to the confirmation mail.  I guess some prankster went to our newsletter subscription page and signed you up.  Sorry for the inconvenience and have a good weekend!

Brian

The IP address 204.186.148.80 is from ptd.net, which is the ISP in Pennsylvania used by Scott Stilphen. Additionally (thanks to some research by Albert), this same IP has been used by Scott to post on AtariAge. Albert has also been signed up, at the same time, for several of the same mailing lists I have been subjected to.

As if that wasn't enough, fraudulent email addresses purporting to be me have also been created:

- E-mail address matthew_reichert@yahoo.com. This was cancelled by Yahoo.

- E-mail address tempest2084@hotmail.com. Tried to sign me up for an online mass mailing list (switchboard.com) with this address and then switch the subscription to my real e-mail address.

-----Original Message-----

From: Registrar@switchboard.com [mailto:Registrar@switchboard.com]

Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 10:48 PM

To: tempest@atariprotos.com

Subject: Your Switchboard White Pages Listing

Your Switchboard listing has been changed to:

Reichert, Matthew

xxxxxxx

xxxxxxx

Phone: xxxxxxxx

Email Address: tempest@atariprotos.com

However, your Profile contains this email address:

Name: Matthew Reichert

Confirmation Email Address: tempest2084@hotmail.com  

The confirmation email address is the address to which we send  

your login information, if you forget it.  

If the above information is correct, you're all set.  But if you need  

to update your confirmation email address, login by clicking here:

If you have questions, forward this letter and your comments to  

webmaster@switchboard.com  

And finally, someone created an AIM id TempestProtoMan and started sending rude IM messages to people I know. This was back in May of last year (around the same time the other harassment started), and I posted a message about it at the time.

This type of targeted harassment is not limited to me, as I mentioned above Albert and Curt have also been on the receiving end of this behavior. One thing we all have in common, along with Mark DiLuciano (who has recently, and previously, been the

subject of abuse from Scott) is that Scott Stilphen strongly dislikes each of us. While the facts I have presented above do not definitively tie Scott to these actions, I will let the reader draw his or her own conclusions. Because of this continued harassment (among other things), and the fairly obvious nature of where it is originating, I choose not to involve myself in DP and CGE, given Scott's direct involvement with them.

All of this information has been forwarded to a lawyer and he is working on building up a case to present to a Federal Prosecutor with this and additional evidence I have provided him. There are federal Cyberstalking Laws already on the books that were created explicitly to combat this type of behavior. Here is a quote from the above page,

Certain forms of cyberstalking also may be prosecuted under 47  

U.S.C. 223. One provision of this statute makes it a federal crime,  

punishable by up to two years in prison, to use a telephone or  

telecommunications device to annoy, abuse, harass, or threaten any  

person at the called number.

Additionally, signing up people for magazine subscriptions is theft against the magazines in question (read: Mail Fraud]) and is a Federal crime. Magazines are always eager to jump on board cases like this to provide any information they have. I have already received copies of several additional magazine subscription cards from some of the magazines I have been subscribed to.

I held off on posting this because I did not want to drag this through a public venue, but given recent events I felt it was time to share with the community the burden I have had to endure now for the last year.

Tempest

All this over video games. All this over video games. All this over video games... just because games are for kids doesn't mean we should act like children.

It won't surprise you to learn that several vendors more affiliated with PC that are going to the MidWest Classic were threatening not to attend if DP didn't withdraw their sponsorship on the event. That's how petulent and egotistical things are starting to get in the retro scene.

Doesn't surprise me at all...so many people looking to drive a wedge in between groups, when the whole point of these gatherings is to bring gamers together. These kinds of threats are so childish.

Gathering = Bring people together.

Got it? Good.