IGNORED

DECEMBER'S HOLIDAY CART CONTEST

ANTHONY ATARI

I HAVENT BEEN USING THIS FORUM UTILL RECENTLY, SO PERHAPS THIS SUBJECT IS A LITTLE OBSOLETE. HOWEVER, US ATARI GAME LOVERS DONT MIND IF THINGS ARE OBSOLETE :D

BACK IN DECEMBER WE HAD THE HOIDAY CART PICTURE CONTEST. I WAS THE WEIRDO WHO WAS TRYING TO TAKE A BITE OF A VIDEO GAME BURGER. THIS WAS DONE RIGHT IN MCDONALDS.

I REALLY LIKED SOME OF THE OTHER ENTRIES, ESPECIALLY THE ONE WHERE THE GUY WENT AND HELD UP HIS GHOSTBUSTERS GAME IN FRONT OF THE ACTUAL FIRE HOUSE IN NY

THE CONTEST WENT LIKE THIS: THERE WOULD BE 2 ACTUAL WINNERS, AND THEN 5 PEOPLE WHO ARE RANDOMLY PICKED. I'M ALL FOR THE 2 WINNERS. ONE OF THEM WAS THE "DENTIST" SUMISSION WHICH I THOUGHT WAS QUITE FUNNY. HOWEVER, I'M GOING TO BE BLUNT HERE. THE IDEA TO JUST RANDOMLY PICK 5 OTHER WINNERS OUT OF A HAT WAS VERY STUPID. THE ONES THAT WON WERE VERY UNTALENTED, BORING SUBMISSIONS. THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN 7 WINNERS, AND THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE BEST SUBMISSIONS, NOT JUST SOME THAT WERE PICKED OUT OF A HAT. MANY OF THE SUBMISSIONS WHICH DID NOT WIN WERE VERY TALENTED AND SHOULD HAVE WON. I HOPE THIS TYPE OF SILLINESS DOES NOT EXIST IN ANY FUTURE CONTESTS.

CALL ME A SORE LOSER IF YOU WILL, BUT'S MY OPINION. I'M NOT SURE IF THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN BROUGHT UP OR NOT, BEING I'M NEW AT THIS FORUM STUFF.

(THEN AGAIN, I CAN'T REALLY COMPLAIN, I'M THE ONE WHO WON THE X-BOX AT THE PHILLY CLASSIC 4 :P

THAT WAS ONE OF THE MOST EXITING PARTS OF MY LIFE AND IT WAS REAL COOL WINNING!)

- ANTHONY

I'M GOING TO BE BLUNT HERE. THE IDEA TO JUST RANDOMLY PICK 5 OTHER WINNERS OUT OF A HAT WAS VERY STUPID. THE ONES THAT WON WERE VERY UNTALENTED, BORING SUBMISSIONS. THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN 7 WINNERS, AND THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE BEST SUBMISSIONS, NOT JUST SOME THAT WERE PICKED OUT OF A HAT. MANY OF THE SUBMISSIONS WHICH DID NOT WIN WERE VERY TALENTED AND SHOULD HAVE WON. I HOPE THIS TYPE OF SILLINESS DOES NOT EXIST IN ANY FUTURE CONTESTS.

CALL ME A SORE LOSER IF YOU WILL

Nobody forced you to participate in the contest did they?

I wouldn't ever bring something like this up. If you thought it was so wrong, you should have made your own contest and did it the way you want, and give things away the way you wanted to.

I thought the contest was great even though I didn't win. 8)

YOU ARE MISSING MY POINT. THE POINT IS THAT WINNERS SHOULD BE CHOSEN BY TALENT, NOT RANDOM PICKING. THATS WHAT MY POINT WAS.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PEOPLE FORCING ME INTO A CONTEST. I ENTERED BECAUSE IT'S FUN TO DO SO.

AS FOR THIS NON-SENSE ABOUT ME CREATING MY OWN CONTEST:

I'M JUST A "LAY-PERSON" NOT A ORGANIZATION WITH A HOBBY WEBSITE & ALL

P.S. I'LL USE CAPS ALL I WANT, TUFF GUY

P.S. I'LL USE CAPS ALL I WANT, TUFF GUY

Yeah, I'm sure you'll be around for a long time with that attitude. You aren't the same guy who whined about losing a label contest because his sister said it was the best label ever are you?

Please don't take any of this as being hatefull becasue it is not meant to be. This is just how I see things. :)

...THAT WINNERS SHOULD BE CHOSEN BY TALENT...

Talent is subjective. What one thinks is genius, another may think utter crap.

AS FOR THIS NON-SENSE ABOUT ME CREATING MY OWN CONTEST:  

I'M JUST A "LAY-PERSON" NOT A ORGANIZATION WITH A HOBBY WEBSITE & ALL

I am just a lay person and have no orginization or a hobby website yet I currently have a contest running that I think is going quite well.I find that most everybody here at AA would be quite willing to help you with a contest if you just ask nicely and work with them. However, running down a contest previously held by said website is not the way to make the type of friends that can help you. I think that if you have a complaint about a contest maybe you should PM the organizer of the contest and discuss the matter that way.

Thanks for listening

Tim

As I am the guy who bugged my denstis to take the picture, I guess that I'll say that I'm glad that I made Anthony's cut! :) But c'mon... didn't you like the "Tapper" pic too? I sure did, and I'll admit again that I thought that CPUWIZ had it locked up with his entries.

One nice result that Anthony might not be aware of is that the "Tapper" winner had a number of spare Greeting Carts (she had done a number purchases at the AA store), so she gave out an additional couple to entries that she liked. It's nice to see AA members taking care of wach other! :)

I do also like that the Greeting Cart was available at the AA store. I guess that it cuts down on the rarity a little, but that's not the Holiday spirit, right? :)

[quote name="ANTHONY ATARI"

(THEN AGAIN' date=' I CAN'T REALLY COMPLAIN, I'M THE ONE WHO WON THE X-BOX AT THE PHILLY CLASSIC 4 :P

THAT WAS ONE OF THE MOST EXITING PARTS OF MY LIFE AND IT WAS REAL COOL WINNING!)

- ANTHONY[/quote]

So exciting, in fact, that you immediately put it up for auction, IIRC. One of the X-Box winners did that and I thought it incredibly tasteless and rude.