IGNORED

2003 Stan's Atari Excellence Awards

Albert

Stan2003.gifAtariAge is proud to announce the second annual Stan's Atari Excellence Awards! These awards were created by AtariAge member Stan Jr., to recognize the people who continue to make positive contributions to the classic gaming hobby. Awards were given in five categories this year:

• Homebrew of the Year
  • Hack of the Year
  • Player's Choice Award
  • Event of the Year
  • Atari Achievement Award

To read about the awards and their recipients, please visit the 2003 Stan's Atari Excellence Awards page.

Congratualtions to all the winners. All of your awards were well deserved. :thumbsup:

StanJr, thanks for taking the time to acknowledge these people and their achievements.

Now I look forward to the winners this year! There are a lot of great Atari products planned for this year and some that have already been released. This is going to be another banner Atari year!

Hi there!

When Stan asked me two weeks ago for my address to send two(!) of his awards to me, I thought impossible, no way I'm gonna believe this until I see it with my own eyes. Guess I have no other choice now :D

I'm especially thrilled that Star Fire won the Players Choice award, as this means that YOU people out there like my baby! Amazing!

Thanks again to everyone contributing to Star Fire and congratulations to the other winners! Keep up the good work guys!

And thank you Stan!

Greetings,

Manuel

I would like to congrats the winners of the stan awards.

star fire is a great game for the 2600 ( I played it couple times on the emulator)

although I haven't played Adventure + the hack does look good with the added mazes.

the globtrotter cart tour is also a great way to bring 2600 players togther

as for Andrew he deserves the player of the year his 2600 programing for newbies is great for beginers like me, and I also liked his chormocolor graphics he did for the 2600.

again congrats to winners.

(kind of figured laserman2k3 wouldn't have won but I didn't make it for the awards I made it because it was fun(and I wanted to start bringing my laserman games from ti to 2600))

Thank you Stan!

I'm honored and humbled to be given this award. Thank you to everyone who has downloaded it and played it or purchased it from the AA Store. Making the hack was lots of fun, and seeing people enjoy it really makes all the hard work that went into it seem worthwile.

I received the award from Stan on Friday, and let me say, it's VERY cool. :D I'm trying to decide now the best way to proudly display it in my home, it will probably end up framed in a shadow box. :)

Steve

Thanks for all the kind words. I have a lot of fun doing these awards and I hope that they bring more awareness to some of the very cool stuff that is going on in the "modern" classic gaming world! There are a great many neat projects happening out there, and people need to know what they are!

Every year, I am going to be looking for ways to improve the awards. Please feel free to post any suggestions or comments (winners and viewers) or PM me if you are more comfortable.

I am hoping to be able to have a 5200 Homebrew award next year, we'll see! :)

Thanks again, and enjoy the awards! :) :)

:spidey:

:thumbsup: Great job with the awards, Stan. By the way, what game do the trophy carts contain this year? Combat again?

Glad to see that Minature Golf + was mentioned. After all, it was part of the inspiration for Combat Redux.

@CyberGoth: Finally got my StarFire yesterday. Can hardly wait to play it after work. 8)

Please feel free to post any suggestions or comments (winners and viewers) or PM me if you are more comfortable.

Is is okay to post suggestions here?

How about a best label/packaging category? Most labels are done by Dale Crum or David Exton but some are done through label contests and the such.

Definitely thinking about a label/packaging award. There may be call for one. Depends mostly on how many new things are released during the year.

PLEASE post suggestions/comments here. :)

Thanks DEBRO!

Weston Hilton reports that his award cart features Indy 500! Who knows what secret treasures are hidden in those carts! :D

Next year, I'm hoping for something even more special in those little babies! We'll see..... :idea:

• 2 weeks later...
Glad they got to you safely, Manuel, now let's all hope Andrew Davie gets his this century.  The PO lady said 7-10 business days, but it IS going to Australia, so who knows when it will get there! :)  :)

Mine arrived safely about a week ago. Thanks StanJr :)

I got lucky; the original cart used to manufacture this award was a copy of Video Life! So, a special award indeed.

Having said all that, I think I must -- after much consideration, and considerable regret -- decline to accept my Stan award this year. Thanks anyway, lads.
I got lucky; the original cart used to manufacture this award was a copy of Video Life!  So, a special award indeed.

Great! Forward the cart to me. :D

@ AM: looks nice! 8)

I thought I'd post here, and the Globetrotter thread too, now that I had a few minutes to get some photos. Thanks StanJr, and everybody who has had positive comments about Trotter's journey.

Yep! Indy 500 is the game. :)

post-2955-1083823582_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

So, regarding the 2004 Stan Awards...

Which homebrew games are going to be considered for 2004 HotY so far?

JoustPong & Climber 5 are certain candidates I think.

How about "Power Off!" ?

I think it disqualifies for A) Being a rerelease and B) for not having a public ROM available, or?

And INV+?

Well, due to strong public demand, it was put on cartridge for some time already, but Erik always claimed it being unfinished. I think in it's current incarnation of INV+ it qualifies for a "real release" for the first time now, so I think it should be "in" for the 2004 race?

Greetings,

Manuel

How about "Power Off!" ?

I think it disqualifies for A) Being a rerelease and B) for not having a public ROM available, or?

Agreed here. :thumbsdown:

And INV+?

Well, due to strong public demand, it was put on cartridge for some time already, but Erik always claimed it being unfinished. I think in it's current incarnation of INV+ it qualifies for a "real release" for the first time now, so I think it should be "in" for the 2004 race?

And here too. :thumbsup: