IGNORED

Atari portfolio

Dragonforce-Europe

The portfolio also had a limited lifetime that tends to make it hard to find. Its claim to fame is when it appears in the movie Terminator 2 and the kid uses it to get "easy money" from the ATM machine as well as to get some keys for the vault that holds the old terminator I items.

You can still obtain them but from what I have seen, they tend to be very pricey. Still they would be a neat item to have as this was for all practical purposes the first hand held computer. This was long before anyone came out with a PDA.

I've got one. It's a nice little gadget. I don't really use it all that much, though. I've loaned it out to a friend, hoping he'll get more use out of it.

There was a nice little tribute to the Portfolio in a PDA magazine I saw at a bookstore a couple of days ago. According to the mag, there's a thriving 'scene' in Germany. And supposedly a few dedicated groups keeping the Portfolio alive.

Wha!?, So thats the Atari Portfolio the computer that john uses to hack the ATM on Terminator 2!

Geez I though it was just something mocked up with an Atari Logo slapped on! :lol:  

Honestly I never ever saw one but now I know that I have!

No, that is a real item. It was a MS DOS compatiable PC with Dos 2.2 if I remember correctly and I think 128K of ram. It has been a while since I look at the original specs.

It would be a neat thing to have but given how very few were made, it is probably a little bit on the expensive side (especially given the extra items that you would need to purchase to make it truly useful).

Here are some links with more information regarding the portfolio:

http://www.atari-portfolio.co.uk/aboutpf/t...ta-aboutpf.html

http://www.atarimuseum.com/computers/pccom.../portfolio.html

Enjoy :)