IGNORED

Some of the coolest looking characters in Atari games

sku_u

This is an interesting question...I just found a bunch of nice simple small photo frames, like for wall hanging, and I'm tempted to do some extreme closeups of Atari characters (kind of like those paintings that were for sale at Philly Classic)

Activision had some amazingly detailed characters, the Keystone Kapers Kop, the chef, etc. I'm impressed by almost any game that had scan-by-scanline multicolored sprites and did it cleverly.

Literally and figuratively cool:

Frostbite Bailey and the Bear from Frostbite! The awesome gameplay just adds to the coolness:)

(honorable mention: the skier from Activision Skiing - until he falls down :P )

Cool in style and cool looking:

The hacky sack guy from California Games, arguably the best looking character in all of Atari 2600 8)

(honorable mention: Snoopy from Snoopy and the Red Baron, since he's Joe Cool ;) )

I like the enemies you shoot in Phoenix. And speaking of birds, the character you control in Desert Falcon's done pretty well and moves smoothly. Pitfall Harry's pretty cool, too.

The boy in Skateboardin' may be more detailed than most humans on the 2600, but he's kind of geeky looking and earned the nickname "pig legs" from my circle of gamers.

PS I also like NE146 Avatar Character!!

:ponder:  8)  ;)

ponder1.jpg

:D :D :D :D

Hey you guys might as well 'fess up to the fact... when you see that character, do you still think of Beat Em and Eat 'em? Or do you think.... of ME! :evil: BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Admit it!!! woohooo! :thumbsup::party:

A thread like this shouldn't be without a mention of the dragons in Dragonfire.

That's just what I was gonna say. Those dragons were very nicely done. I'll also give it up for the Berzerk robots. I've seen the same basic concept in many games for many platforms. Robots with spinning heads that shoot lasers are just cool.

is

The new dragons from  adventure II are also quite well done but since adventure II is a hack and not an original Atari game, I guess they wouldn't count.

Adventure II is a homebrew. Or are you thinking of Nukey's 8k Adventure hack?

Yes I am referring to adventure II. I bought that from Atariage. I guess I should have used the term homebrew instead of hack but I tend to think of it as a hack although technically it is not.