IGNORED

Is there such a thing as an Astrocade multicart?

I belive there were only 42 actually made. He stopped making them due to a lack of demand and the amount of time they took. Each one was hand made & numbered. He also made an Arcadia Multicart and had plans for a Vic-20 cart but I don't believe it was ever produced. Ward has kinda dropped out of the video game scene for a while.

Ward did indeed make Astrocade and Arcadia MC's, and now lives in New Mexico, having dropped out of the classic Gaming scene entierley. I'm one of the few lucky bastards to have seen the V20 MC in action, and it was limited to 8K or smaller games (no Atarisoft stuff). He only got as far as a breadboard, and in order to play it we had to run it through a V20 Cart selector (also the only one I've ever seen) odds are that by now he's blanked the EPROMS and used the parts for another project.

There are 64 of them on there but they don't all work and 2 are repeats. :( I think the bad ones are some weird homebrews or something. There is also a few on there that seem to require something called BlueRAM. Those are totally useless.

What do screenshots of Astrocade games look like? I don't think I've ever actually seen one' date=' nor played any in emulation.[/quote']

I can't give/show you any screenshots but boy was I suprised at the graphics when I got this cart working. :o

What do screenshots of Astrocade games look like? I don't think I've ever actually seen one' date=' nor played any in emulation.[/quote']

The Incredible Wizard aka Wizard of Wor is the best arcade translation of any home system to date IMO.

The graphics on Muncher are also phenomenal. This machine was way ahead of its time and is right below the 5200 on my list of favorite systems.

For Bally/ Astrocade owners: These machines are known to overheat .. Do not place on a carpet and thus obstruct the vents on the bottom of the machine. It will fail! I think this is why the Bally/ Astrocade did not experience the success of other consoles.

It does have the best coolest joysticks ever built!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA