IGNORED

Sea Hawk by Zellers

SimonTemplar

Hello

i have Sea Hawk too.It was in a small box,not bigger than the cartridge and a Pac Man picture is on the box.I found it last year at the "ABBUC Jahreshauptversammlung in germany".The seller had only one.He told me,that it is from Brazil.I haver never seen this cartridge before.

greetings Walter

:wink:

There are two carts with Zellers type labels that I suspect are probably Zellers and not random taiwanese pirates: Sea Hawk and Scuba Diver. Both of these carts have labels specific to that cart only, rather than the generic labels found on many of the taiwanese Zellers style labels.

I have Sea Hawk. It's NTSC and I bought it from a Canadian seller, which seems to suggest that it probably is Zellers and not generic. IIRC Sly stated that he had both Sea Hawk and Scuba Diver boxed. I'm not sure if he sent pictures of them to the Als or not.

IMO Sea Hawk and Scuba Diver are on par with Inca Gold in terms of rarity.

• 8 months later...

Show me the box & I'll be a believer. ;)

Zellers didn't make the carts they only sold them thru their stores. But the only distinguishing characteristic on the box is the little Zellers price tag in the corner. The carts are identical to other Brazilian pirates, and most likely made by the same people who made Sea Hawk & some of the others Superman I think is one too. But until a box shows up with Zellers on it, there's no way to know for certain whether a loose cart is in fact a Zellers cart. :|

I`ve seen this cart (Sea Hawk) a few more times in the wild around here ; Zellers carts are very common here. The most common ones are laser volley, challenge and Radar . Surprisingly I have never seen a Zellers box or manual and I suspect these carts were sold loose in many Zellers stores.

The rarest Zellers game I think it is Farmer Dan, I only found it once in the wild.

• 1 month later...
I picked up a copy of it too, yesterday here in Toronto, Canada at a flea market.  Definitely a Zellers piece, with not even a reasonable doubt in my mind.

Jim

Damn... I'm going to have to start to go to flea markets again. I haven't done much research, but I have a copy of Gramd Prix, which looks like it could be a Zellers cart... I'll see if I can attach a picture of it...

Has anyone heard or seen it's kind before??

post-2567-1111708577_thumb.jpg

post-2567-1111708578_thumb.jpg

To be honest with you I can't remember where I found it, But I'm sure it wasn't ebay... it was before my ebay days. I think it was at a local flea market here in Toronto, if not it was a thrift store. I think I had it about a year now, but only now do I have access to a scanner

I've seen and possess a bunch of these carts. They all have bizarre misspellings.

My favorites are Reever Raad, Pete Fall and Bollek. Did you find that one in Canada or through Ebay?

Are the misspelled games Zellers games then or something else?

I've seen and possess a bunch of these carts. They all have bizarre misspellings.

My favorites are Reever Raad, Pete Fall and Bollek. Did you find that one in Canada or through Ebay?

Until a box or sales sheet pops up, no one really knows. If you found it in Canada, chances are it came from Zellers, unless another retailer at the time was also selling Zellers style labelled games?

Until a box or sales sheet pops up, no one really knows. If you found it in Canada, chances are it came from Zellers, unless another retailer at the time was also selling Zellers style labelled games?

And to think, back in the day, my father bought most of the games we had either from Kmart or Zellers, I must have been somewhere between 2-6 years old, when he bought most of the games we had, but we never owned any of the crazy Zellers titles. Now that I think about it, we probably stayed away from those because they looked weird or cheap...