IGNORED

No more Vectrex Multicarts :(

tantone56

bummer, wonder what happened there? maybe he's too busy with his shop? on the bright side though its my understanding that the vectrex is public domain for non commercial use so maybe another cart maker could offer these. guess i'm glad i got my skelly cart when i did, he had a really good collection of classic and newer vec titles on it.

Damn... I guess I should have ordered one when I had the chance... My chances of playing Dark Tower on an actual Vectrex just took a huge blow.

I wonder if Mark Shaker would be willing to make these? He's certainly done an excellent job so far... especially with the Protector/YASI cartridges.

--Zero

You guys are forgetting the VecRAM...

It's not all the games in quite as easy access, but it is whichever game you want, and new games are easy to load.

I bounced back and forth, and spent my money on SK's MC, but I still would like to get a VecRAM.

Course, I'd like to get a CC2 for my 7800 and I missed that one.. :-(

Oh well...

For anyone who's hardware capable, there's even a website out there with diagrams on how to build your on Vec MC, complete with source code and info on how to build the software..

It's here: Vec Multicart

I considered that too.. But I know my soldering.. :-(

desiv

Dammit, I wish I'd have ordered the Vectrex Multicart earlier. I've been putting it off, because I always thought Sean Kelly would have them available for as long as people wanted them. I understand why he doesn't create mulit-carts for other consoles, but the Vectrex's software is in public domain. I hope he rethinks it and starts making them again. It's too hard to find single

Vectrex carts in the wild.

That is bad news. I have been saving for a Vectrex, but without a multicart the console isn't worth it to me (no way I would pay for all the individual games). I hope someone else realizes that there still is demand for this and makes them available. PLEASE!

well I sure know that i would never buy one of those "multicarts" that only has like three games on them cause those are a jip.

I've never seen one of those???? They make them?

Like I said earlier' date=' you might want to look into the VecRAM...

Oh, just checked, it got better. The VecRAM is now the VecFlash!!

VecFlash

You can program it yourself, so it's like a multicart you can update yourself!

Want the newest homebrews available, put em on! Nice...

desiv

I still like having separate carts for my games. And Mark from Vectrexcarts.com has always come through for me when I've needed him. According to his website, Mark will make any original CGE game except for Animaction. So, all fear should not be lost yet.

Sean Kelly has done enough in the past. I think we should be thankful for his efforts.

Sunmark was selling them at the PhillyClassic this year.

Oh, hadn't seen those.

I was also just thinking maybe he meant the homebrews, like Protector/YASI, but that is awesome! :-)

And in SK's defense... If I was making multicarts 'on the side', and people started calling me at work and complaining about slow turnaround (I've seen people complain on the Vec newsgroup), I'd stop making them and be grumpy.

It's not like he has a professional website and a business. You go to the VecFlash site or John D's, it looks (mostly) professionel. SK, you had to email him and ask him if he'd make you one.

desiv

(Then again, I can afford to speak up for him, I have a MC already.)

Given how many reports have come in with his 5200 multi crapping out

and not wanting to fix it perhaps its for the best that he no longer makes

them. So was he a grumpy guy before he opened his store? Perhaps the

12 hour days are getting to him. And if he's grumpy on the phone then

he's probably worse in person which doesn't work too well for a small

retail business.

I wasn't intending to turn this thread into a SK bash with my "grumpy" comment. I was speaking somewhat tongue-in-cheek (hence the :roll:). Sean really has done a great deal for the classic gaming community through the years. People shouldn't forget this.

I tell you what, if you called me at home, I would tell you to f*ck off as well. I'd tell you that my dog ate the remaining PCB's or make up some other BS to make you go away. :ponder:

And just for the record, Sean is never grumpy to me. ;)

Let's agree that SK takes credit for doing a great deal for the CG community. How much of it he's really responsible for is debatable.

This is bull. If you look no further than the Vectrex multi-carts, Sean's efforts have allowed hundreds of individuals (myself included) to enjoy the real games on real hardware. I'd go so far as to say that his carts have allowed a console that may have otherwise slipped into relative obscurity to remain popular and widely discussed. Additionally, Sean had repro Vectrex shells molded that allowed not only for the multi-carts but also a number of homebrews to be created and sold without the need to destroy original game shells.

Yeah but if you recieved a phone call out of the blue asking if your that dude that makes these bootleg carts, cuz you want to buy one from him, what the heck you think he's gonna say? :ponder:

Honestly he probably needs to give it up, take a break whatever, when I keep seeing posts like Sean has had my cart/money for 6-8 MONTHS now and doesn't refund or reply to email, or anwser the phone or whatnot. That's definitely NOT a good thing. :|

Sean Kelly was the first person that I ever bought something from on the net. I bought a 5200 multicart from him about 9 years ago. I have had several transactions with him both as a buyer and a seller and I have nothing but good things to say about the man. I have been able to play a lot of games on various systems that I wouldn't have otherwise been able to play without his work. It pisses me off that he no longer is able to sell his multicarts because a lot of classic game collectors have lost out.

He must get a lot of request for his multicarts. I get an email about every 4-6 weeks asking if I will sell someone a multicart. The only reason I get that is because a lot of people think I make multicarts because my name is Sean also.

Yeah but if you recieved a phone call out of the blue asking if your that dude that makes these bootleg carts' date=' cuz you want to buy one from him, what the heck you think he's gonna say? :ponder:

quote']

They aren't bootlegs. All of the original Vectrex games/demos are public domain.