IGNORED

AtariAge After Party at MGC!

Albert

AtariAge After Party at the Midwest Gaming Classic!

afterparty.jpgOn May 22nd and 23rd, the Midwest Gaming Classic will take place in Milwaukee, Wisconsin – and we would like you to come and party with us! Come to the event on May 22nd and stay after the show closes for a special after party from AtariAge, Sunmark, and AtariProtos.com. We'll have food, drink, music, and most importantly, games to enjoy!

The Midwest Gaming Classic will be open to the public from 10:00am until 8:00pm on Saturday for you to explore everything that the show has to offer. At 9:00pm, the AtariAge room will reopen for the AtariAge After Party, and only those who sign up in advance will get in! Chat with other board members in person, enjoy food and drink, and test your skills in all of the great products that AtariAge and Sunmark have to offer!

Each person attending the party will receive a Goodie Bag loaded with lots of great stuff from AtariAge and the GOAT Store, LLC, and we'll be running several tournaments (with prizes) for Atari 2600, 5200, ColecoVision, and Dreamcast games, including titles that will make their debut at the show. We've had some great parties with group members in the past, and this is going to be one party that you don’t want to miss!

The AtariAge After-Party is only open to registered AtariAge forum members who reserve their ticket in advance. To reserve a spot at the party, please contact Albert.

Hope to see many of you there!

..Al

I was planning to leave Milwaukee late-afternoon on Saturday' date=' but with this news I may stick around! Count me in! (That is, as long as I am not banished from the forums if I end up NOT staying for the party.)[/quote']

That's a risk you'll have to take. :D

..Al

At first I really wanted to go, but now I really, REALLY want to go. I'll have to beg my dad, and I would be surprised if I could, but if you could count me in anyways that would be good. If you need a for sure answer, however, I can give one later.

@Albert: are you going to be there as well?

I was planning to leave Milwaukee late-afternoon on Saturday, but with this news I may stick around!  Count me in!  (That is, as long as I am not banished from the forums if I end up NOT staying for the party.)

That's a risk you'll have to take. :D

..Al

My wife and I reworked our plans... so now I will be coming to Milwaukee on Sat. AM and staying over SATURDAY night instead of Friday night... so I will be there!

(Warning to anyone looking forward to having a heated political debate with me... I'm a lot less confrontational in real life. :) )

In 2002, my favorite tournament was the Warring Worms one. In fact, I like Warring Worms for the 2600 as much as I like Combat -- and that's saying a lot!

For those of you that don't know, there were 60 copies of Warring Worms: Midwest Classic Edition made in 2002. The game had a seperte label and slightly different ROM and was released at the show. Out of these 60 carts, there were 20 made with extra-special packaging known as the "Warring Worms Wargear." This package consisted of the game along with a special Army issue pouch to hold it in and tag noting it as one ration of Warring Worms. 17 of them sold at the show, and three didn't.

Of the remaining three, two of them were sold on eBay and they both fetched over $75.00 apiece immediately after the show. The third one was hoarded by us until we had the correct moment to do something with it... and that moment is now!

If you can conquer all comers at the AtariAge After Party in Billy Eno's classic homebrew hit Warring Worms, you will join the few, the proud, the Wargear owners! Good luck to all that enter!

mwc11.jpg

For more pictures, look here:

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/2002pics1.php

At first I really wanted to go, but now I really, REALLY want to go.  I'll have to beg my dad, and I would be surprised if I could, but if you could count me in anyways that would be good.  If you need a for sure answer, however, I can give one later.

Aw, crap. My dad works then. I guess I should've checked a while ago. :sad: :sad: :sad: I'll try next year, at least for the expo. I should have my liscense by then and could get lucky. Too bad, too: I was hoping to meet some of you guys sometime.

At first I really wanted to go, but now I really, REALLY want to go.  I'll have to beg my dad, and I would be surprised if I could, but if you could count me in anyways that would be good.  If you need a for sure answer, however, I can give one later.

Aw, crap. My dad works then. I guess I should've checked a while ago. :sad: :sad: :sad: I'll try next year, at least for the expo. I should have my liscense by then and could get lucky. Too bad, too: I was hoping to meet some of you guys sometime.

Hey dude... you want to ride with me? (I'm not going straight back from Milwaukee... but if you don't mind 11 hours in the car, half of them with my 1-year-old, on Sunday, then you're welcome to come along...)

That first event was pretty neat, but very much smaller than the event this last weekend, which I was at.

I was able to pick up on of the wormgear games in first classic.

I didn't do my "homework" very well for the Brookfield Convention, however...I didn't realize they had an "after hours" party. But I was walking around at that time at night in the hotel just to see if anything was still going on. I saw a bunch of people in a room downstairs. I just thought it was some of the convention coordinators all getting together to do stuff in private, so I figured it was just something specially exclusive.

Oh well, I'll just have to read more before next year's convention. This year I was smart, and stayed in the hotel, instead of driving 10 hours roundtrip in the same day :)

Andrew