IGNORED

Message Editing Temporarily Disabled

Albert

Glad I found this post. I was going to complain about the SLOOOOOW edit. Everything is alright speedwise except for the EDIT function. Takes me like 3 mins for the website to respond.

This is why Editing is disabled in all but a few forums at the moment.

Can you migrate over to Invision 2.0 and keep all the messages?! Do we know that it will certaintly fix the problem?!

Yes, all the messages from the current forum will be imported into the new forum. I would not even consider a migration if I wasn't able to bring over the existing members and meessage content. And yes, I already have the forum with a complete import (over 700,000 messages) running in IPB 2.0 on a Dual 2.4Ghz Xeon server with 2GB of memory.

How about if you picked certain forums to "prune" automatically?! I Non-essential non-game forums like General or something.. or maybe even "Auctions" and "Marketplace" I mean.. after so long you can't view old auctions anyway.

This is a possibility, although there are many threads in even the forums you listed that are sometimes interesting to go revisit down the road (for instance, if you want to look at problems someone might have had with a particular user you want to trade with), so I'm not too crazy about pruning any of the forums right now.

Keep up the good work on the website. I enjoy it here and hope moving to a new server (if that isn't old news I read) will help, but that's only going to help for so long... what about a year or two down the road again when things get congested.

Thanks for the kind words. I don't think AtariAge will outgrow the new server anytime soon, but if that happens I'll cross that bridge when I need to. :)

..Al