IGNORED

Austin Gaming Expo

Ditto

Albert and Alex are so busy right now with packing and heading up to Midwest Gaming Classic that I guess we have to wait a while longer to hear about announcements for the next AGE show...

I have a lot of new interactive displays for the expo being prepared, those who remember some of the ones I designed and built for Phillyclassic 3 will be totally blown away by the new displays for AGE, and 2 other shows they'll be exhibiting at this year.

Curt

While a date would be nice, I would be satisified to simply find out that there will be a next AGE show.

Yes, there most certainly will be an AGE this year. :) We're working to contract a larger space than last year's show, for obvious reasons (it was too packed, and we had to turn many exhibitors away!)

..Al

I have seen pictures of the proposed space.  It's going to be sweet!

I hope to have a large prototype display at AGE.  I need to come up with some display cases...

Tempest

I will see what I can come up with you Matt, I have a large stack of plexiglass and some idea's in mind for you....

Curt

If JetBlue flew to Austin, I'd be there. As it is, ~$400 airfare is just too much for me.  :sad:  

Now if someone wants to fly me in...  ;)  Hell, I'd even volunteer at someone's table.

You could always fly from Manchester to Austin on Southwest. *shrugs*

:P

If JetBlue flew to Austin, I'd be there. As it is, ~$400 airfare is just too much for me.  :sad:  

Now if someone wants to fly me in...  ;)  Hell, I'd even volunteer at someone's table.

You could always fly from Manchester to Austin on Southwest. *shrugs*

:P

Manchester NH or Manchester VT? I'd have to look into it. But JetBlue routinely has great deals on airfare... there's a $78 special to Orlando going on right now that I think we're going to take advantage of. And the last time I checked it was about $400 airfare to Austin from Burlington... I don't rememeber if that was one way or not but that's a LOT of money.

Still, as usual, I will be exploring possible options and should I be able to make it I shall endeavor to do so. :)

I hate to say it, but it's really getting to be do or die time on this one. I'm sure I'm not the only one on this board who books travel plans months and months (sometimes 4 to 6) in advance of a show to get cheap airfare and discounted hotel rooms. Well, unless the show is in September or October now, that's not possible, and if it's in July or August that's only a 1-2 month lead-in. It's going to be hard to get good airfare now, especially if the airlines start passing on the higher cost of fuel to those of us buying tickets late. I'm not trying to be an asshole in any way because if anybody knows how busy the Al's are when it comes to running this site, going to all the other cons they do, and all the prep work that goes into making a good show presence (as PC5 proved it continues right up to the morning OF the show, all night long) it's me. Still, I've gotta say it - if nothing is formally announced within a week or two, I'm going to have to make plans for the Mrs and I to either go to OKGE or CGE instead. I don't want to do that, but I've already heard through the grapevine that some of my friends I wanted to see at AGE aren't going now because they can't make plans for an unannounced con when others are out there to take up their travel plans, and I'm worried that hammer's gonna hit me too.

I might have to choose between OKGE and AGE, because I have to put in for my vacation as soon as possible, and sometimes my (sometimes) jerk of a boss won't even let me go on the week I've requested. I work every Friday through Sunday, which are the traditional convention days, so I have to use vacation time to go.

Mr. Vendel said:

I have a lot of new interactive displays for the expo being prepared, those who remember some of the ones I designed and built for Phillyclassic 3 will be totally blown away by the new displays for AGE, and 2 other shows they'll be exhibiting at this year.

I hope one of those shows is the OKGE this year?!...Al? Alex?....

;)

I might have to choose between OKGE and AGE, because I have to put in for my vacation as soon as possible, and sometimes my (sometimes) jerk of a boss won't even let me go on the week I've requested. I work every Friday through Sunday, which are the traditional convention days, so I have to use vacation time to go.

Yup, I'm in the same boat you are. If I don't request my vacation by the middle of this month and secure it, my boss will pull rank and decide to go whenever she wants. Unfortunately, she does this a lot - mostly because her sister works for an airline and gets her standby seats. As much as I'd love to go to Austin - I just don't think it's going to work out. *shrugs*

I've already started pricing flights to San Jose. So far, they're at least $100 cheaper per person than airline tickets to Austin are. Plus, I've always wanted to go to California. :)

• 2 weeks later...

WEll I will go to the AGE if there is one :) I will probably bring some 5200 Protos, and maybe some other neat thingss, but do you have to get a table at these things to sell??? I really wouldnt need a table.

It would be cool to see all the stuff people have.

Also do people bring a lot of NES stuff to them??? that is what I am intrested in :)