IGNORED

Final Jagfest Issue now available

For Immediate Release:

May 19th,2004

Atari Video Club/Jaguar Community United is pleased to announce

the information concerning The Final Jagfest issue.

The final issue of The Atari Zone's Jagfest issue will be

sold at Goat Store's Midwest Gaming Classic show on

may 22nd and 23rd in Milwaukee,WI.

This issue is very different from the others because

it has reports from each show from 1997 (

the first Jagfest show held in Rosemont,IL) to 2003

(the year the show went on tour and becaome

part of other gaming shows),Pictures from each show and

reviews of the most popular games.Plus you see what the

organizers of each show thought about the show.

the issue is 66 pages long(the largest newsletter made by the

Atari Video Club). The cost of the issue will be $7.00 at the show

(this copy is black and white front to back)

(after they run out I'll be taking orders for them for

the same price,All orders taken at the show will be

for the issue at VGS Shop mentioned bellow)

After the show until end of June you can buy

the issue with a color cover for $9.00 at the VGS shop

( http://www.cafeshops.com/vgs ) then the issue will be

moved to new AVC news stand for $10.97.

The news stand will be added to

back issue pages at AVC online website

around July 1st with final fest issue

(the regular and other fest issues will follow as time progress)

For information on Midwest Gaming Classic visit:

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com

For information on Jagfest at MWC visit:

http://avc.atari-users.net/Events/FestMWC.html

For more information on AVC visit:

http://avc.atari-users.net

Visit the official Jagfest website at

http://jagfest.atari.org

End Press Release

for those not going be at MGC tomarrow,but want the Cafepress.com version of the issue I have alrady put it up at the VGS shop (see above post for url) it's still 9.00 (s/h not included).

Also some time after I get back from the show I will also have link to d/l the full color version of the same issue(pdf form).

• 1 month later...

for some reason, the final jagfest issue wouldn't be available at cafepress.com.

the cover is under verification because there might be some copyright problems with the images on the cover.

so the copies of the issues I have will have to do for VGS'04

(which sucks because I wanted to have cafepress edition to show at for VGS)

(this might also put a dampter on the newstand coming next week)

for some reason, the final jagfest issue wouldn't be available at cafepress.com.

the cover is under verification because there might be some copyright  problems with the images on the cover.

I had to take off the final jagfest issue from cafepress.com due to the fact that "Atari" saw the fuji's in the first 5 jagfest graphics and claimed infrigment of the Atari copyrights. but don't worry the issue will be Baak in the newstand with the modified graphics. this is strange because the first page of the issue on cafepress version is the exact same as the cover and the document wasn't put into pending status.

to those who got the first copies, consider your self lucky,because now it's collectors item. The news stand should be up after VGS.

(btw: if you just want regular print version (b/w version) that will also be available after vgs.

• 4 weeks later...

the cover is under verification because there might be some copyright  problems with the images on the cover.

I had to take off the final jagfest issue from cafepress.com due to the fact that "Atari" saw the fuji's in the first 5 jagfest graphics and claimed infrigment of the Atari copyrights. but don't worry the issue will be Baak in the newstand with the modified graphics. this is strange because the first page of the issue on cafepress version is the exact same as the cover and the document wasn't put into pending status.

to those who got the first copies, consider your self lucky,because now it's collectors item. The news stand should be up after VGS.

(btw: if you just want regular print version (b/w version) that will also be available after vgs.

I just had put the final jagfest issue up about a week or so ago had no problems and now they took it down again(I modified the the graphics in question) so the main problem might be the name of the fanzine itself

"The Atari Zone" which means the cafe press edition will be called The AVC fanzine or AVC newsletter. which totally sucks.

on the plus side I'm redesigning the back issue pages to reflect the AVC news stand look(using publisher to do it) News stand should be up with three to 4 days (minus the cafepress editions of the Jagfest issues which will prob be up after words)

• 3 weeks later...

just a quick update:

The news stand is coming along nicely,but Cafe press is still giving me trouble with the jagfest issues (I managed to get the first issue up a week ago but they just took it down . so now I know it's the name of the issue giving me the trouble (the Atari Zone) because the cover of the first fest issue has the "atari name and logo" cut off the Jagfest '97 graphic.

If this keeps up the covers of the cafe press editions will just have the jagfest on tour graphic and instead of The Atari Zone as the name of the newsletter it will have the letters T.A.Z. (and in small print under that "the Atari zone") it will be while before Iget the regular issues up there as well but they will be listed in the newsstand as time comes.

(also watch for AVC online's update coming soon(also being done in publisher)