IGNORED

Anyone know how to take a Vectrex apart?

EricDeLee

Sorry, haven't opened mine..

How many screws did you get?

I found this on a website: There are only 5 screws and it's very easy to open a vectrex..

desiv

(Of course, it always seems easy for people who do that stuff all the time. :-) )

Very. Carefully.

It's been a LONG time since I took one apart (10+ years ago someone I knew had two of 'em in which the fuses to both had blown, damn soldertail fuses!), but I do remember that it's not easy either to take apart or to put back together again.

You might want to download the service manual from this page:

http://www.playvectrex.com/shoptalk_f.htm

I thought I had all of the screws out... but the system's back will not come off (and I don't want to force it).  Has anyone here taken apart a vectrex before??

NOTE: The Vectrex high voltage section runs up to 5000 volts which could shock you or cause sudden cardiac death!

There are five screws that hold the back case in place. Once off you will see two circuit boards and the neck of the picture tube. The Vertical board to the left is the high volt section. Do not touch it or the picture tube unless you have first discharged the tube! If you do not know how to do this .. don't try to service the Vectrex!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

All I can say is that there's plastic tabns on teh sides of the case to guide it into position. I know because hte side of mine got popped out and I had hell getting it back in without removing screws(it got out with all teh screws in, why not back in...).