IGNORED

OKGE 2004!

-^CrossBow^-

Yes,

You read this topic correctly. Preliminary planning has begun for OKGE 2004! At this time the location is still being decided upon but we are looking at larger facilities this year. This means more tables for exhibitors, vendors, museum space, and anything else we want to cram onto the show floor.

What we need to know at this time is for anybody who is interested in wanting to exhibit at the show to email OKGE at OKGE@cox.net for further information.

Also we still plan to have tourneys as we did last year. I think what we had last year was a pretty good mix and way of doing the tourney but I am open for any suggestions on what visitors and those taking part in the 2004 OKGE would like to play at the tourneys? I still plan to keep a 2600 game in the mix, either another Genesis game or SNES game, and then either a DC game or possibly some Darius Gaiden on my Saturn. Just send those ideas along as well.

Again, at this time only preliminary planning has begun and nothing more. All I can say is that there will be another OKGE for 2004. The show is to take place sometime between the weeks of Sept. 18 - Oct 9. Depending on what seems best and is available room wise.

Just a heads up! And please let us know!

OKGE Team

YES! 8)This is truly great news! I have not yet gotten to go to a classic gaming expo so this will be my first one. What city is it going to be in? Oh, who am I kidding I'll go no matter where it is.

Well you can count me and my Fiance in as attending. Maybe I'll bring our custom atari proposal cart to show off.

-Tim :D

The OKGE last year was held at the Tulsa Hilton Southern Hills Hotel. Due to a mistake in their quote to me, I got an awesome deal there last year. A mistake they weren't going to make this year. But the show will still take place in either Tulsa or Broken Arrow. I pricing on several places already and with a new recent contribution to the show, I am now going to call a few more places this coming week to see what else I might be able to find. Negotiation is an art I am soon to learn with this show...hehe

;)

Earl, Jack...the rest...I really need emails sent to me with the tables you want so I can add you guys to the list and keep track of tables...

Sorry..but it is way easier for me to keep track of emails on this for now...

;)

I want to hear if AA is going to be there. It might make the difference for me between going to that and another con that's about a month apart, as in "I'll go to the one AA is at because even if there's nothing for me to buy at either one at least I'll have fun helping out at the AA booth and hanging out with people from the boards."

Well, I'll be lugging the TurboGrafx-16 and the Vectrex wid me again this year, and hopefully I'll do a little better in both the door prize and the gaming tournament departments, hehe. Hope to see ya there, PDF, your table was one of the best presented last year, I thought. The TRON swag was just TOO cool.

I hope AA will be there. I would really like to meet some Albert and some of the other folks who hang out on the threads (if they want to meet me that is). I don't have anything really cool to show off but maybe I'll bring my proposal cart if anyone is interested.

Never been to a gaming expo before. What can I expect?

-Tim

Just a quick heads up to let you know that this really put it official. The webpage is now online for the 2004 OKGE!

You can access the webpage via this link:

http://ivorytower.emuviews.com/okge

We already have several exhibitors signed up, but we still have plenty of tables and space available!

Check the webpage Details, Vendors, and Exhibitors areas for updates as they happen.

8)

I couldn't help but notice that I'm not on the exhibitor's listing, Crossbow. Hehe. I'll be bringing my computer and game stuff just like last year, only on one table this time around. And just curious as to why you removed the gallery?

while I can't be at the show AVC/JCU will once again have Brad P. represent us at the show. thus adding another show to AVC/JCU 2004

US Tour. hopefully I work out some details with brad so he can show(and maybe sell) the cafepress.com edition of the final Jagfest issue.

(jesse, let me know what your looking for sponsor wise)

I want to hear if AA is going to be there. It might make the difference for me between going to that and another con that's about a month apart' date=' as in "I'll go to the one AA is at because even if there's nothing for me to buy at either one at least I'll have fun helping out at the AA booth and hanging out with people from the boards."[/quote']

Actually, I'd give OKGE a maybe for us at this point. Omaha to Tulsa is a 7 hour drive (which is better than last year's 14 hour drive!) And after our trip to CA, we'll have enough Choice Hotels points to be able to stay for free. So all we'd have to do is pay for the gas and admission to the show...

Now, if I can just get my boss to give me the Friday before off - it might be doable. We could leave Omaha on Friday morning, and drive back on Sunday...