IGNORED

OKGE 2004!

-^CrossBow^-

Yeap..I am pretty usre that the trackball is what Earl is talking about. However, I don't know that Earl every got it to work. I think it was missing the AC adapter or something. Also I don't believe Earl got to actually keep the trackball. Just hung onto it for the show.

Would be really cool if he did get it though. It could be added to the museum section...

:wink:

If you haven't already, please look over the new OKGE website. The 2003 OKGE gallery has been put back online and requires the flash plugin to view.

Also another new vendor was added as the OKGE welcome back The Neutral Zone, LLC! Last year they had lot and lots of games for old and new systems as well as collectable figures and other assortments. This year they are getting more space and bringing up their new collecting mag as well. I am really looking forward to seeing what they bring this year.

Also as requested, I visited the Marriott today and got some pictures of the Council Oaks Ballroom - Salons A & B where the event will take place.

Enjoy and stay tuned for more updates!

I may get a table... but can't say for sure yet. If I do... I plan to bring a Vectrex (may have a silent auction for a Vectrex as well :wink: :wink: :wink: ), and a few items. Although I've gotten rid of MOST real rarity Atari carts, I can try to bring a few.

I might be able to finally showcase my secret project I've been planning for a LOOOONG time. It's Atari related.... and pretty spiffy! :)

PDF wrote:

You have a secret project too? Man, there's a lot of secret projects being unveiled at OKGE this year!

Yeah and we still have just under three months before the show...hehe.

Hey anybody up for some foosball action at this year's OKGE? I got a line on a personal friend of mine who will bring at least one and maybe two such tables if I can find a way to fit it in the room...hehe...

Oh..On another interesting note. The OKGE has a new official web address...The old address you all have still works..but now we can get there much easier with:

www.okge.com

Now that is what I am talking about!

:D

You're speaking to the high school foosball champ, guys. Hehe. I even have...well, HAD the 25 dollar gift certificate to Wal-Mart to prove it! Anyway, it's been like 10 years since I've played, but I bet the rust will come off pretty soon once I get started. I'll play anybody, anytime...so long as they send someone to watch my table.... :wink:

Heck yeah, I'll play a game of Foosball! I'm not all that great but I'll give it a shot!

Secret Project... I'm running into a few issues with it, but hopefully I can iron out all of the wrinkles. Heck... just under three months left! I'll be coming back from Nebraska (gotta' watch the Huskers win the first game of the year!) right before the convention!

• 2 weeks later...
Yes,

You read this topic correctly. Preliminary planning has begun for OKGE 2004! At this time the location is still being decided upon but we are looking at larger facilities this year. This means more tables for exhibitors, vendors, museum space, and anything else we want to cram onto the show floor.

What we need to know at this time is for anybody who is interested in wanting to exhibit at the show to email OKGE at OKGE@cox.net for further information.

Also we still plan to have tourneys as we did last year. I think what we had last year was a pretty good mix and way of doing the tourney but I am open for any suggestions on what visitors and those taking part in the 2004 OKGE would like to play at the tourneys? I still plan to keep a 2600 game in the mix, either another Genesis game or SNES game, and then either a DC game or possibly some Darius Gaiden on my Saturn. Just send those ideas along as well.  

Again, at this time only preliminary planning has begun and nothing more. All I can say is that there will be another OKGE for 2004. The show is to take place sometime between the weeks of Sept. 18 - Oct 9. Depending on what seems best and is available room wise.

Just a heads up! And please let us know!

OKGE Team

I'll be there with notebook in hand and representing the mighty, mighty Morning News of Northwest Arkansas in Spingdale, Ark., and Southwest Times-Record in Fort Smith, Ark., (both owned by the Stephens Media Goup). Journalism is a lot of fun when you can pretty well do what you want with regard to events like this. Remember -- reporters are our friends :D

If I make it, I can bring my Lynx and a spare Warbirds. I can also bring some of my other ComLynx-able games, too. I've never had the chance to play Battlewheels against another person. The one-player mode is pretty boring on it's own.

I really hope I can get my boss to let me go. He's been screwing up nonstop lately, so he might be transferred or fired by then, fingers crossed. (I know that really sounds cold-hearted, but he constantly piles his work on me, including all heavy lifting, and then stands around, staring blankly at the wall. I've already had one hernia, and I don't need another.)

I probably won't bring my lynx stuff up this year. But I do have Warbirds. So I can bring that up if you want to setup some sort of com lynxed war-birds action at your table Eric.

I also don't have a com-lynx cable either, but I am sure that someone can bring one to the show, as I know Brad Prillwitz has one if not many.

In other news, we will have at least one Foosball table present at the show provided my a long time good friend of mine. He will also have a table for selling some used video games. Neutral Zone will be coming back with more games and perhaps some figures again, as they are getting more space. They will also be promoting their new Video Game Collector Guide magazine publication.

We also have more prospects for arcade machines this year, so there should be an actual OKGE arcade are this year unlike last year. I will update more on this as I hear more about it.

For those who might not have noticed, the OKGE website has its own domain now so you can quickly access the OKGE via simply pointing your browser to:

www.okge.com

I won't flood this forum with updates constantly, so it will pay to check there from time to time for updates. Specifically in the exhibitors, and vendors sections.

8)

Any chance we can have an AAers get together afterwards....late night at Denny's preferably or someplace else??....Can't wait for this one to happen Crossbow!

I'll join such a gathering as long as I am not exhausted, which is sometimes the case after Saturday at a show. :)

..Al

I can bring a spare vader system and then we can have a 2600 gathering with Beers and 80s music after Denny's is finished laying a good healthy tab on us! Sounds cool Albert & Tempest....look forward to see Tim as well. Also, I can share room on my table if someone needs some extra space but please lets give Crossbow our monetary support! Cheers Crossbow and all that will be there! 8)