IGNORED

Odyssey2 / Videopac question

liveinabin

I'm thinking of buying a Philips Videopac (well, it's a games machine, it's old and I don't have one:) ). I'd just like to know if, like the Intellivision, this European PAL console will run cartridges for it's US Magnavox cousin.

No big deal if it doesn't. it seems to be one of the few consoles that was better served outside of US.

As far as I know, American Odyssey cartridges are incompatible with European Videopac machines. Many of the games are the same for each each system, but Videopac players can play Parker Brothers games without a multicart.

Game On!

I have a Philips Videopac, and I can play Odyssey 2 carts on it.

Don't worry if it doesn't appear to work when you plug it into your t.v the Videopac seems to work on a different frequency to all my other systems, and I had to retune the telly to play it.

I have a Philips Videopac, and I can play Odyssey 2 carts on it.

Don't worry if it doesn't appear to work when you plug it into your t.v the Videopac seems to work on a different frequency to all my other systems, and I had to retune the telly to play it.

Cool. How do the Odyssey2 carts play? Are the colors right?

It's one of those shoot at each other with a gun games.

The basis for WORMS et al?

This version is uber crap, but it's fun for 10 minutes, 2 player only, first one to knock the castle down, just pull down on the stick and let go to fire.

If you hit the opponents catapult he pushes it off the screen and gets a fresh one, looks like hes mowing the grass.

I have an Odyssey 2, but have never heard of a Philips Videopac. Please post some pictures if you have them.

Oh and IMO, any game system you don't already have is worth buying!

-S

As you can see, the VideoPac G7000 is just Philips European release of The Magnavox Odyssey 2. As a side note, you know the 'fabled' unreleased Odyssey 3? Well, it actually got released in Europe as the Videopac G7400. At last we got an exclusive (well.. apart from the Amstrad GX400 but I'd rather eat paint than own one of those).