IGNORED

Midwest Gaming Classic

BassGuitari

Who else went? I probably saw a bunch of you but didn't know who you were! I absolutely had a blast meeting Atariage members (Albert, Matt R., and others whose names escape me at the moment) and other gamers, and the after-party was great. Thanks to whoever bought Little Caesar's (Albert?), that was very kind of you. And Matt, I never did beat your 1400-something score at Cave 1K..

Highlights of my trip include:

1. Returning home with a buttload of cartridges (no shipping! It's freakin' great!)

2. Seeing and playing the Video Game Selector console kiosk

3. Seeing the Museum and playing Dodge It on the Channel F for what turned out to be half an hour, amidst people playing Xbox and stuff like that

4. Seeing young kids playing Atari and the like, and enjoying it wholeheartedly

5. Becoming addicted to Vectrex and Bawl's...that some good shit!

Of course, the AtariAge after-party goes without saying. :D

All in all, I had a blast, and I hope everyone else who went did too!

Ahh, that was you and your girlfriend on the Fairchild. I was the guy who set it up for you, you should have said who you were. ;)

By the way, that was an original '76 VES as opposed to the renamed Channel F. The nameplate and controller tips are a little different. Sorry one of the controllers didn't work in one of the directions. Trying to figure out a way to repair it without splicing up the cable covering to bad.

I went, I saw, I conquered...won the Ms. Pac-man championship for Twin Galaxies, won three out of the four Atari Age after-party contests...which were: Sky Jaguar getting over 90K, full domination at Warring Worms, getting 34 points at Indy 500, then beating the level 21 challenge on Tempest 2000. Some contests didn't happen, which was disappointing cause I wanted to do every one there I could, but hey, I took home some good stuff. I'll be going back next year...

I definitely had some fun in the little bit of spare time that there was at the show. Finally being able to sit own at the AtariAge afterparty and polay a few games was really, really nice :) The GOAT Store provided the pizza, BTW :)

Here were the highlights of the weekend for me:

- Finding out that a new Donkey Kong public world record was set by Billy Mitchell at the show.

- Getting my Ms. Pac-Man marquee signed by Billy Mitchell

- Talking to Dwayne Richard at length about Kangaroo strategy. I own the stinkin' game and haven't beat the third level yet. Oh, I did get to see both Dwayne and Billy beat that level so I know what the rest looks like

- Sitting down to watch Gene Cunningham speak about the future of pinball. I guess I want to start saving for the new project he's doing

- Sitting down to watch S+F Software speak about Inhabitants and how the design process came about and all that fun stuff.

- The entire AtariAge / SunMark / AtarProtos area!

- Seeing more people in the Jagfest room at once than I think were at Jagfest 2K1!

Overall, it was a good weekend. We're thinking about the future right now, and we will keep everyone updated on the decision that we make. Thanks for coming!

By the way, that was an original '76 VES as opposed to the renamed Channel F.

Yeah, I always just call it Channel F out of habit, like how people call the VCS the 2600. I've had 2 VESs myself, but neither ever worked properly :x Thanks for setting it up for us though, it was the first time I really ever got to play one, even though I have six or seven videocarts.

But now that I know who you are, maybe I'll catch you next year!

(And Goatstore: thanks for the 'za)

I enjoyed my self at the show.

but I was surprised at amount of people who came into the jagfest

(marathon,midi-maze) room.

(we should have the prizes and stuff ready for us when we started

to open on the first day)

As for the pizza it was good(I was starving at the show, if it wasn't for the dount that one of the guys from marathon gave me and tom's chicken mcnuggets(now made whith real chicken white meat(what was in it before

:roll: ) I would have gobbled down that pizza in no time flat(I did get me pop from the machine because I was kind of thirsty before hand)

but the pizza was good to have didn't back to my room until a little after 11:30pm(I had message waiting on my phone but Ididn't know how to get it so I just left it)

I do plan on returning but I will bring my own tv and a 2600 and jaguar(I'll prob have hooked it up to the one tv(I did it before at home))

If I knew about the speeches I would have came to them(wasn't there way you could use their phone system to call each room to inform the person in charge about it or even use it as a intercom instead of just having max telling people in the dealer room)

(I took some pics most of it was from the jagfest area I did try to get some other room shots as well)

As for the pizza it was good(I was starving at the show, if it wasn't for the dount that one of the guys from marathon gave me and tom's chicken mcnuggets(now made whith real chicken white meat(what was in it before

:roll:  ) I would have gobbled down that pizza in no time flat(I did get me pop from the machine because I was kind of thirsty before hand)

but the pizza was good to have didn't back to my room until a little after 11:30pm(I had message waiting on my phone but Ididn't know how to get it so I just left it)

I do plan on returning but I will bring my own tv and a 2600 and jaguar(I'll prob have hooked it   up to the one tv(I did it before at home))

If I knew about the speeches I would have came to them(wasn't there way you could use their phone system to call each room to inform the person in charge about it or even use it as a intercom instead of just having max telling people in the dealer room)

(I took some pics most of it was from the jagfest area I did try to get some other room shots as well)

quick little Quiz for those who did come to jagfest area(or saw me from time to time at the show): Not counting the MGC badge and Atari age badge: name the name badges I had on.

(heres a few hints: I was wearing 4 , one in the open ,on side and one was hiding another one underneatth on another side)

No prize just for fun.

:roll:  ) I would have gobbled down that pizza in no time flat(I did get me pop from the machine because I was kind of thirsty before hand)

I do plan on returning but I will bring my own tv and a 2600 and jaguar(I'll prob have hooked it   up to the one tv(I did it before at home))

quick little Quiz for those who did come to jagfest area(or saw me from time to time at the show): Not counting the MGC badge and Atari age badge: name the name badges I had on.

(heres a few hints: I was wearing 4 , one in the open ,on side and one was hiding another one underneatth on another side)

No prize just for fun.

I think that would deserve a PRIZE. I was in the Jagfest room with you all day, I asked you about your badges, you showed them to me, and I still couldn't tell you now what they were! :ponder:

How about a report from you, Dan, on Jagfest@MGC'04? Since you're the self-published writer? :thumbsup:

No prize just for fun.

I think that would deserve a PRIZE. I was in the Jagfest room with you all day, I asked you about your badges, you showed them to me, and I still couldn't tell you now what they were! :ponder:

How about a report from you, Dan, on Jagfest@MGC'04? Since you're the self-published writer? :thumbsup:

I'm working on it matt, first have to get the pics uploaded to my computer

because it will be based on that(I didn't have time to take notes at the show).

The only prize I would see fit for guessing the badges will be the the cafe press.com version of the final jagfest issue.

but if you you or anybody else needs a hint again ok heres another hint

one badge was from '94,one was from 2001,one was from 2000 and one was from 2002.

I just got back from the show yesterday (I stayed an extra day in Ohio!) and am trying to catch up on all my email and forum messages. :) I had a great time at the show and met many people for the first time in person! Thanks to everyone who stopped by our booth!

I took many pictures and will be posting a photo gallery this weekend!

..Al

I just got back from the show yesterday (I stayed an extra day in Ohio!) and am trying to catch up on all my email and forum messages.  :)  I had a great time at the show and met many people for the first time in person!  Thanks to everyone who stopped by our booth!  

I took many pictures and will be posting a photo gallery this weekend!

..Al

cool Al, it was great to see you. (and I understand if you can't make VGS)

I don't have my four or five pictures devloped yet, but I'll get something on my website when I do.

Someone should've stopped by the Jag Dockingbay after the first day to take the last gunner position on BattleSphere. We had a five player network with three to four players.

Dan I., all of your badges were from Jagfests! :D

I don't have my four or five pictures devloped yet, but I'll get something on my website when I do.

Someone should've stopped by the Jag Dockingbay after the first day to take the last gunner position on BattleSphere. We had a five player network with three to four players.

Dan I., all of your badges were from Jagfests!  :D

sorry that is wrong.

only one badge was actually from a Jagfest. (sorry I din't recongize you right way megadata,I did forget that that you said that you were going come On JSII)

ok since he got one badge right, (jagfest'2001 ) you can still guess the rest of the badges. need another hint: ok the three badges have the letter

"C" in the events name but only two came from the same event in differents years.

(If I give another hint it would be given)

Hum, the ones with a "C" are from CGE?

yes and no:

2 are from CGE(2000 and 2k2(and yes 2000 was under 2k2)

so far MD got 3 out of four( Jagfest 2001,CGE 2000 and 2k2)

any guesses to the last badge. ( here are the hints so far(as it partines

to the final badge: 1994, and has a "C" in it's name )

@AL: can't wait to see them (hope you got my best side :D )