IGNORED

VGS'04 Roll Call (who's coming this year)

Dan Iacovelli

there are still plenty of tables left for the show.

This year we plan do what we couldn't do last year:

raffles,Tourneys(most of it is spy games but I'm working a

couple more(one is a returning tourny that never got off the ground last year and one is classic tourney that evrybody wouldlike) there might be other tournerys as well.

Also you'll be able to buy a VGS t-shirt and black hat at the show as well

(I'm working on getting some type of food for the show as well( as for a gathering after the show(safariland) thats still up in the air))

Ok this it folks: were are looking at a month away from VGS'04

still plenty of tables available.

but that might not last: the local pioner press paper by me has again printed up my PR (and Isent it to them last week) the chicago suntimes has also has the show listed in the summer section (nothing about tables,just the location and free admission )

also starting a week before the show (july 9th and 11th) the other local papers is going be having flyers inserted the paper(this wasn't free but If I think what the attendance is going to be I might recoup from T-shirt and hat sales and raffle sales).

Video game collector has put a listing of the show in their first issue.

(just about the same as the sun times listing)

I'll be announcing the tentative schecdule soon.

Can you explain what kind of event this is?  Is it just like the Midwest Gaming Classic event in Milwaukee?  Or something completely different?  Any gaming tournies there?

The video game summit is a video game and computer trade show.

this will be our second year so we won't be as big as MGC was.

and yes we will have gaming tourneys (as of right now most will be Atari biased) our biggest tourney so far will be the Spy game tourney based on the mole tv show on abc.(look under contest topic subject Atari video club high score contest) Ihope to have schedule leased some time soon.

the object of spy games is basicly to get a combined high score selected

by the host(me).

The spy object is to throw the game.

EI: say a selcected high score for round 1 is 100,000 combined of all the participatants, the spy can make sure that won't happen by not getting a score that wont come close to it.

Aquiz at the end of round about the game being used and the players

will decide who stays and who goes.

Unlike the mole, there are no exemptions.

Also the last two players the spy and the wiiner, will get a chance to play one game winner takes all of the whole prize package.

everything about Spy games and the other tourneys will be anounced soon.

the Score is not what elimates the player it's the Quiz.

and I might not tell the spy to mess all the gamnes but just some others.

going off the subject for while:I had problems with the paper that was doing the flyers inserts (they wanted the fonts in abobe type 1 and they cant use true type fonts(which I have)) so I decided to cabcel the flyers inserts for the paer and contsrate on the oither stuff(t-shirt and hat sales,and raffle sales and table sales)

I've alread got mentions in the paper for the show and I'm going to keep plugging away for the free mentions.

(I'll prob do about 50 to 100 flyers myself at ofice depot on day off next week and put them at work and see if other places will have some)

(I'll prob do about 50 to 100 flyers myself at ofice depot on day off next week  and put them at work and see if other places will have some)

some good news on the flyer situation:

I've e-mailed the people at Safariland and they agreed to have my flyers at their place and they will give me promtional stuff for the show.

(also Ie-mailed a press release to the chicagotribune (metromix) to see if they will put a mention online and and the paper(I also sent a pr to liberty suburban papers to see if they will give us a mention as well)

Hi Dan,

I am planning to attend the VGS this year.   My life is in state of flux right now, so I can't guarantee I can make it.     I hope to though.   If I can help at all by running a tournament or two I would be happy to help.

Cheers

hey rob hope you can make it again.

let me know if you need a table or not.

just a quick bump to let everybody know the show is just about 3 weeks and counting now.

only five days left in the sticker/t-shirt giveaway.(the Price guide give way will continue after the first giveway ends)

plenty of tables still remain (Flyers will be at safariland on tuesday,Press releases will be sent to papers on sunday and will show up on weds).

speaking of safariland: if anybody who is coming want to hang out after

show at safariland let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

We are now at homestreach of VGS'04. If your planning to come please register (or if you need atavle please register and pay for it)

Also on side note: I have taken out tables in the middle of the room so now only tables are along the walls more room for people to walk around(this for both rooms)

Also come to the fianl two VGS chats next week for some upadtes of the show. (chats are on sunday from 10am to 6pm and weds 7 to 10pm both are at play and view.com chat room)

(side note: due to an error on my part T-shirts and hats won't be available at the show, I'll be taking orders for them though)

one week from now will be VGS'04.

Table space is very limited now with no tables in the center in either

room(tomarrow is the last day to pay by paypal.com, after that tables

will be first come first serve at the door)

you can still regsiter for tables on-line after tomarrow,you won't be able to pay for them online only at the door.

GA regsiteration will continue until July 16th. (july 15th is the last day for

table registeration)