IGNORED

Dumbo Proto

Tempest

While using the Z26 emulator to play Thwocker (a really hard game BTW), I decided to see how it would work with my prototypes (I had been using PCAE Win). I found that the joystick controls actually worked with my joypad so I was able to play the dumped versions of some of my protos much easier and therefore could actually compare some of the unreleased games against my versions.

I found out that my copy of Dumbo is apperently a much earlier version than the dumped one. In my version Dumbo moves like a lead weight and is very hard to control. Also, every balloon makes the ceiling lower, not every three or so. No wonder I had such a hard time with this game, the later version is obviously an easier more kid friendly version. I actually like mine better, it's more of a challenge and is actually more fun to play (the later version is just to easy).

One problem is that my prototype dumped wrong so I'll have to get it redumped. At the moment Dumbo appears to glitch and appear at different parts of the screen (making the game almost unplayable).

Hopefully using this emulator I'll be able to find more differences easier. I'm going to go compare my Frog Pond proto next, it tested differently than the dumped version too.

Tempest

Crap, my Frog Pond proto apperently dumped wrong too because it crashes past the title screen.

Speaking of which, the only dump of Frog Pond I can find has this weird block rainbow title screen with a little Atari Fuji at the top. My version has a really cool title screen of a frog and the game title written in a really cool cursive script. I know there are two versions supposedly sold by Best electronics, one with a title screen and one without. Is this what the normal title screen looks like? Or is that blocky rainbow thing the normal title screen?

Tempest

quote:

This reminds me, how come this site has no copies of Charlie Brown or Pink Panther, etc. on it, if the game was found? Did the owners never get it dumped?

They MAY have been dumped, but not released. I worked on both of these guys to no avail. The guy who owns Charlie Brown was going to at least get it dumped, but then he kind of disappeared.

Pink Panther may still be possible, but it might take some doing.