IGNORED

2004 Mini Game Contest has started!

Cybergoth

Ok...now what about the profile issues  :?

Maybe you should ask those questions where they belong?

http://starbase.globalpc.net/~bhz/cgi-bin/...;num=1088099548

Maybe you should make more useful suggestions? :-P

I posted here because I knew that some of the people who regularly read here might have some sort of "in" with the organizer/site maintainers...(And i don't know if they keep up w/ that bbs....well, Thomas does.) I posted that almost 2 weeks ago, and never got any kind of official sounding response, and don't know what my other "where they belong" options were.

Sheesh.

Hi there!

Ok...now what about the profile issues  :?

Maybe you should ask those questions where they belong?

http://starbase.globalpc.net/~bhz/cgi-bin/...;num=1088099548

Maybe you should make more useful suggestions? :-P

I knew that you already posted it there, still, what should someone *here* do about that? None of us is involved at that level. Steve Judd certainly isn't reading the message board here, when it looks like he hasn't even the time to read his own... ;)

Greetings,

Manuel

new game announcement:

title: trackball

platform: 400/800/600xl/800xl

ram: 4k

for the minigame contest...

level editor will be posted soon so the community can make the levels as i am not a good level designer... ;)

screenshot will follow asap... (not yet...)

Hi there!

Yaayy!! The next batch of games arrived!

(Well, not much new stuff for us Atari people ;) )

4K:

MazezaM / Apple ][

Area 51 / Spectrum

B.A.R.F. / Spectrum 128k

-> JoustPong / Atari 2600

-> INVplus / Atari 2600

-> B-Venture / C64

1k:

Falldown Forever / Spectrum

Astro Road / Atari 800

-> Splatform 2600 / Atari 2600

-> Cave 1K / Atari 2600

Greetings,

Manuel

well...i am working on it to get more atari800 entries... ;)

just got a heartattack... yesterday i was on a business trip and while waiting on my connection flight i programmed on my notebook via USB stick... today when i was back in the office i realised that the USB stick was gone (incl. business & source code of trackball...)... i thought i lost it somewhere or in the plane... aaarg... luckily i lost it at home when i arrived last night and it was lying under my car... good that i haven't drove over when going to work today... :D

just some sidenotes...

I knew that you already posted it there, still, what should someone *here* do about that? None of us is involved at that level. Steve Judd certainly isn't reading the message board here, when it looks like he hasn't even the time to read his own... ;)

I guess since Al is a system leader, and you and Thomas seemed to be regulars on their board, there was SOME chance of "involved of that level", or at least having different ways of communication with Steve Judd. I thought it was worth a stab, anyway.

I guess since Al is a system leader, and you and Thomas seemed to be regulars on their board, there was SOME chance of "involved of that level", or at least having different ways of communication with Steve Judd. I thought it was worth a stab, anyway.

Did you try emailing Steve directly with a description of the problem? Or if it's more a problem with the BBS, try bhz (Burning Horizon aka Mark Seelye). Both of their addresses are available under "Who To Blame" at the bottom of the minigame web page. http://www.ffd2.com/minigame/

I'm not even sure Steve has access to the MiniGame BBS installation, as the error over there seems to be of that kind. Try Burning Horizon (Mark Seeyle) or dW (Adrian Gonzales). Possibly the whole BBS will migrate to a new platform though - either SimpleMachines or the much used phpBB.

I will do them today.  :)

... :ponder:

I know, I suck. I have a deadline for the stuff that pays the bills, and if I'm lucky I'll get that project done today, which will free up more time to pay attention to more interesting things such as the Minigame Competition. :)

..Al

Hi there!

Well, I tried to validate the various 2600 entries this weekend, but it seems I can no longer login to my account on the Minigame server.  I sent an email to Steve Judd, and as soon as this problem is fixed, I will validate all the 2600 games.

Hm... that's weird, because all 2600 entries already made it into the list.

I'd assume Steve validated them himself in the meantime...

Greetings,

Manuel

Well, I tried to validate the various 2600 entries this weekend, but it seems I can no longer login to my account on the Minigame server.  I sent an email to Steve Judd, and as soon as this problem is fixed, I will validate all the 2600 games.

Hm... that's weird, because all 2600 entries already made it into the list.

I'd assume Steve validated them himself in the meantime...

You're right, they are all up there (and I just checked to make sure only four had been submitted so far). Although "INVPlus" should be "INV+". I'll get in there and change that once I have access again. With over a month and a half to go, I hope we see some more Atari 2600 entries. :)

..Al

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

And here we go with the next additions. Watch out console fans, two new NES entries in the pack! :)

4K:

MazezaM / Apple ][

Area 51 / Spectrum

B.A.R.F. / Spectrum 128k

JoustPong / Atari 2600

INVplus / Atari 2600

B-Venture / C64

-> Little Sara Syster / C64

-> NeSnake / NES

-> Anno Domini / Spectrum

-> TargetBlitz / NES

1k:

Falldown Forever / Spectrum

Astro Road / Atari 800

Splatform 2600 / Atari 2600

Cave 1K / Atari 2600

-> Vuokatti / VIC-20

Greetings,

Manuel

Unfortunately yes. If you need help, just tell me.

Thanks, but I'm sure theres a lot more I could do .... like clean up my messy controller routine ;)

And because the vectors point to a Zero page address does that mean I only need 2 more bytes [/wishful thinking]

Hi there!

And because the vectors point to a Zero page address does that mean I only need 2 more bytes [/wishful thinking]

Well, actually you really need only two more bytes, as you can (mis-)use the last two bytes (BRK-Vector) for data storage.

BTW: You should start your binary like this:

Org $F8000,0

Org $FC000

So anyone can clearly see with a hexeditor that the first 1024 bytes are empty.

Greetings,

Manuel

BTW: You should start your binary like this:

Org $F8000,0

Org $FC000

Uhm, I am sure you meant:

Org $F800,0

Org $FC00 :)

But then (assuming you need all 1024 bytes) it won't run in an unmodded Supercharger. Therefore I didn't do this with my two 1K submissions and didn't have any problems. I am sure Albert can handle that.