IGNORED

HSC1 R8: Buried Bucks and Beef Drop!

Goochman

Folks,

This weeks game is Buried Bucks - just take the default when starting.

We also have a 'guest' appearance this week from kenfused - If you havent watched this in the 5200 forum he has created and excellent game called Beef Drop which is similar to Burger Time.

Heres the Beef this week - Everyone who posts a score for Beef Drop will receive 1 pt - The High Score for the week will get 2 pts - Anyone that can find a confirmed bug in Beef Drop will get an extra pt. Play ONLY the version attached here on the 'Hard' settting (which is the default). Points for Buried Bucks will be awarded in the normal fashion ;)

So,

If you dont want to play 2 games concentrate on Buried Bucks, however Beef Drop is alot of fun also :)

Good Luck!

Buried Bucks

bd800.zip

buriedbucks.zip

Play ONLY the version attached here on the 'Hard' settting (which is the default).

I just downloaded that version you posted it and loaded it up and it came up on "Normal" as the default.

I will play it on hard, but I don't know why yours came up with "Hard" as default :?

Play ONLY the version attached here on the 'Hard' settting (which is the default).

I just downloaded that version you posted it and loaded it up and it came up on "Normal" as the default.

I will play it on hard, but I don't know why yours came up with "Hard" as default :?

Strange......mine always comes up hard - that didnt come out right :D

Anyhow,

Please try the Hard variation

So where can I buy the strategy guide for Beef Drop, I love Burger Time but I totally suck at it.....perhaps I should stop playing games and start doing some wordprocessing in stead.....

/Troop

Dont worry too much - you will get more points playing Buried Bucks, so just post a score on Beef Drop and you'll be set :)

I really need to sit down and play the arcade version of burgertime cause I still think the bad guys in beef drop do not quite work right.

The seem to go up when they should go down, or visa versa. I had a hotdog on a ladder parallell to the ladder I was on that followed me all the way to the bottom of the screen. Weird stuff like that.

Anyways one nice option would be to turn the music off. I usually like it, but sometimes it wears on me.

I like the way the high scores are set-up up. BurgertimeIsFun... :D

35743 on level 8. The score one can achieve depends on a lot of luck on what screen layouts it gives you though which is the main reason I have never played it much

Same here...

In fact it was only by luck that I made it to the sentry levels.

The biggest problem with the game is that it provides no escape if they screw you on the placement.

Ok,

A litte secret - You can drop the $ down the bottom of the screen and you wont have to retrieve them - I had to do this once in my 55K game. This can also be used if you screw things up and have 1 more to go but really bad palcement. Just dig a hole down, refill on bombs and then across to where the $ is - Dont worry about the plane since you can then drop the $ through the bottom of the screen and move on.

Ok' date='

A litte secret - You can drop the $ down the bottom of the screen and you wont have to retrieve them - I had to do this once in my 55K game. This can also be used if you screw things up and have 1 more to go but really bad palcement. Just dig a hole down, refill on bombs and then across to where the $ is - Dont worry about the plane since you can then drop the $ through the bottom of the screen and move on.[/quote']

I have done that a few times already.

Also you missed one of my scores for burried bucks. ;)

Ok' date='

A litte secret - You can drop the $ down the bottom of the screen and you wont have to retrieve them - I had to do this once in my 55K game. This can also be used if you screw things up and have 1 more to go but really bad palcement. Just dig a hole down, refill on bombs and then across to where the $ is - Dont worry about the plane since you can then drop the $ through the bottom of the screen and move on.[/quote']

I have done that a few times already.

Also you missed one of my scores for burried bucks. ;)

Fixed ;)

time to take the last place :wink:

Buried Bucks: 11953

Beef Drop: 7550

There is a little bug with the counter of lives. It counts the right number, but displays a wrong number. I played it on the real machine, not on the emulator.

Yeah it's alot of fun but sometimes I just wanna kill it for lousy money placement routines. They could at least provide a way out if you cannot get to the money (because of water).

And sometimes I wish I could just shoot the plane. At least they let you take out your frustrations on the pain in the neck sentry gun.