IGNORED

Can you climb Spike's Peak?

adams_ale

This is my first contest and the winner will be the person who can prove that they can actually beat Spike's Peak. There has never been another game that has caused me to press the reset switch as much as this game. The final scene in the game is where the climber puts a flag at the top of the mountain. For authentication that you have beaten this game I ask that you take a picture of this scene with your high score(it shows this scene with 000000 as your score at the top of the mountain if you don't do anything at the beginning). I will give a prize to the first two people who can validate their win. The prize will be your choice of one game from the following list: Cosmic Swarm, Private Eye, Mr. Do, Dark Mage, H.E.R.O., or the white BMX Airmaster(R4). This contest will last till next Friday or until there are winners, if any. :ponder: Good luck. :)

I was going to make a low brow remark about what "pink stuff" could be but I'll refrain. :wink:  

-Tim

I thought of that one already; that's why I was almost afraid to ask. :P

So it's Pepto Bismol. Like I would have ever thought of that! :) Don't know about ulcers, but I've broken some stuff as a result of my venting anger over this game.

Good gosh, this game is hard! My highest score so far is a pathetic and measly 3000! I finally figured out that I can stick my head in tree stumps to hide! ;-)

Does anyone have any tips? I'd like to at least pass the first screen. (Heck, I'd be happy to make it to the second switchback!)

This is how it ends 99% of the time (the bear gets me the other 1%):

Okay, disregard my last post. I've learned a little more about this now... and I've been as far as the third screen. I actually think this is one of the more intriguing/fun VCS games I've played in some time. I'm going to have to get a copy. So my question is... how many levels/screens are there till the top of the peek?

Great contest, BTW. It got me to play a good game I'd probably never have tried otherwise. :-D

Wow! I love this game. Now I'm a little confused, because when I made it to the top, it started me over with only 2 flags down bottom instead of 3. Does that mean you have to post three flags?

Oh, and I don't know if I even qualify to be in the contest anyways, as I don't own the real cart and I'm playing with a z26/stelladapter combo.

Wow!  I love this game.  Now I'm a little confused, because when I made it to the top, it started me over with only 2 flags down bottom instead of 3.  Does that mean you have to post three flags?  

Oh, and I don't know if I even qualify to be in the contest anyways, as I don't own the real cart and I'm playing with a z26/stelladapter combo.

I think the flags are your lives remaining??

I didn't think about the emulator when I planned this game, but I don't have a problem with you using it to play the game as long as it is played without any emulation tricks or aids. Trust both of you. ;) Therefore, mojofltr and neotokeo are the WINNERS. :thumbsup: I have no idea how you beat the game two times in a row. :!: You run out of air the further you go up so you can die right before you plant the flag; you are at the top though and you said that you had planted it previously so that counts. Congratulations to the both of you. Mojofltr gets the first pick as he responded first and then Neotokeo.

how did you do that?!!  geez....is there anyway to actually show that a person has beaten this game. :sad:

After you've played and used up all 3 lives, leave the controller alone and it'll start the demo mode but with your score in place.

The demo has color cycling right away, and from the picture, when you actually win the game, there's no color cycling.

Well, I beat this game 3 times last night, but unfortunately the screen doesn't freeze, so I gave up trying to get a picture with my roomates camera. :x

The only score I remember was 46150, I think. Anyway, I discovered if you let the game sit for a few minutes, even if you still have lives left to play, it will jump into demo mode. Spike will make his way up the mountain with your current score still intact, but by the time you get a camera ready to take a photo when he's at the top of the mountain, the game resets itself, putting Spike back at the start screen and erasing your score forever! :roll:

Oh well. I had a better time playing Crazy Taxi on the PS2 afterward. :D