IGNORED

Need appraisal: Astrocade-sealed in outer shipping container

Goblin

The following item was found by a friend while cleaning out old stock in his parent's store. It is an Astrocade System still sealed in the outer shipping container. You can find pictures here:

http://home.comcast.net/~gamesfortrade/

Now that you have seen it we would appreciate any help you can give us in determining a value. Is this really as rare as we think it is? I've done a bit of searching over the past few months and have not come across anything else that resembles it. As I far as I can tell it is one of a kind (at least until someone is able to disprove me).

As you can guess we are looking to sell this, although my intention of posting today is try and get any information on it, and to share this find with everyone.

Feel free to PM me, or else send me an email: gamesfortrade@comcast.net with any information you might have.

Not that big a deal, really. There's a guy, Charles Taylor III, IIRC that has/had a bunch of these NOS in the original shipping containers. I bought one from him way back around 1995 or so with 13 sealed NOS games for $110. I'd say you could maybe get $150 on Ebay for it.

These pop up on eBay every now and then. They normally run in the $150-$170 range if it is brand new closer to $100 if it's just CIB. The prices of Astrocade stuff has gone down in the last few years (primarily the last year)

Garner, Iowa? That's totally whacky. I can't imagine Bally Astrocade had their corp headquarters in what must be a two horse town without two horses. Yes I'm allowed to say that because my hometown (Stanhope, IA) is just such a place. :D That must have been just the shipping warehouse/processing center. I need to dig out my Iowa Travel Map (free at any rest area) and see where Garner is now, just for kicks. :D