IGNORED

New Vectrex Game: Thrust

Rob Mitchell

Ville Krumlinde has been working on a new Vectrex game called Thrust. It

is based on a Commodore 64 game of the same name. The game posted on YakYak is a beta candidate for public release.

Thrust involves maneuvering your ship against gravity into a planet and

picking up a pod with your tractor beam. At that time the pod is like a

pendulum that you try to keep from swaying too much as you escape out of the planet.

I have played and enjoyed Thomas Jentzsch's homebrew version of Thrust

for the Atari 2600. Now there is a Vectrex version. Great fun!

http://www.yakyak.org/viewtopic.php?t=20002

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

(Beta tester for Vectrex Thrust)

Just played a couple of quick games on a real Vectrex (VecFlash multi-cart) and I'm liking it! Only got to level 4 so far (never was any good at Thrust) but everything seems to be there, it's well executed and very playable.

Thumbs up from me!

Alex

Hmm... think I'm gonna have to run home and compare Thrust to Gravitrex, and see which of the two comes out on top.

JR

P.S. Hey Alex, is the latest version of MESS compatible with either of your games? I really, really want to play Protector and YASI one of these days...

• 5 months later...

Mark's Video Game Manufacturing is pleased to announce that Ville Krumlinde's Thrust is now available as a cartridge for the Vectrex Arcade

System.

The resistance is about to launch a major offensive against the Intergalactic Empire. In preparation for this, they have captured several battle-grade starships, but they lack the essential power sources for these formidable craft; Klystron Pods. This is where you come in...

Thrust has been compared to Gravitar, but that only tells half the story. Once you break in to the Intergalactic Empire's bases and hook your tow-bar to a Klystron Pod, exactly how do you think you will be able get out alive? This game will have you cursing and grinning ... at the same time!

Ville has done an outstanding job. Thrust is very polished and (for a Vectrex game) is very deep. (Unless you already know how to play Thrust, read the instructions before playing, or you will miss out on some key game-play elements.)

Thrust features non-volatile High-Score Memory.

Screenshots and further info: http://www.eldean.se/vectrex/

Cartridges are $11.50 + shipping.

The first orders will be shipped on November 27.

For complete details, please see: www.vectrexcarts.com

- Mark Shaker

With all the cool home brews the vectex system is looking better and better ill have to get one....some day some day. :ponder:

eBay has cheap Vectrex consoles! Seems like the price is coming down down down! I remember when I used to buy broken consoles for $30-60. Now you can buy a working console for $30-60!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

So is this version of Thrust beatable (has an ending)?

I still don't own a vectrex, but I just put in an order for this and I already have the multicart. But I should have a vectex by the time this cart gets here, so I should be okay. And see if this game holds up to the 2600 and the original versions. :)