IGNORED

APPLE II E SOFTWARE

ANTHONY ATARI

When I was a kid, we had the Apple computers in my schools - from elementry on up. When I was in high school they started coming out with the 486es, but still the old apples were in the corner for people to use.

The Apple had some cool educational games that I can remember.

There was a game called Number Munchers. it was a math game, but real fun! I can still remember the sound effects perfectly in my mind as if I just heard them yesterday! In number munchers, you had this little green guy and you went around and had to eat the numbers that were a multiple of whatever # the game gave you. But you had to avoid all sorts of mean little monsters. Its been almost 2o years since I played this (man Im getting old!) But i can still remember how we liked it.

Then there was another game called Gertrudes puzzles. It was a fun game to explore. If I recall, it had a similar looking world to Atari's Adventure. Later on, when I was in middle school, there was a program called logo writer. in this program, you could actually do computer programming. It was pretty neat.

Then there was another game. I dont remember the name of it, but it was a real fun adventure game. You got to explore a world created with whitle lines. It was sort of like vector graphics, but of coarse not really vector graaphics. i think it was a math game too. you had to make your way around and explore differnt things to figure out things. But the only way people let you past them or into certain doors, etc. was if you answered their math question correctly. It was real fun and I used to love playing it when i was in middle school. I remeber exploring some big house in the country, and going out to explore in some cave. I think there was a mystery to solve, if I recall correctly.Does anyone remember this or any of these games?