IGNORED

Writing Contest!

heavy-sixer

Hey all – I’m hosting a writing contest on my site BeepBopBoop.com as a way of getting the project off the ground. I’ve been kicking the idea around for over a year now and I even posted something about it last June.

The project is to start an online publication (something more akin to a literary magazine than a technical journal) with a focus on electronics, computers, video games, and electronic toys, and science fiction (including movies and music with related themes) from the 60s to the late 80s.

All submissions of poetry, non-fiction and short fiction received between 6/21 and 7/31 will be considered for the contest provided they adhere to the following conditions:

Entries must follow the Beep! Bop! Boop! submission guidelines (click on the “submissions” link in the left column to familiarize yourself with what we are looking for and how to submit your work).

Entries must be your original work.

No previously published entries (this includes publication on personal web sites or posting of material to electronic message boards/forums).

Writers may submit material for all three categories (poetry, non-fiction, and short fiction). Winners will be announced and published in our premier issue slated for late August or early September.

All submissions will also be considered for publication.

So far, we will be giving away a copy of John Seller’s ARCADE FEVER The Fan's Guide to The Golden Age of Video Games to the winner of each category.

If you or someone you know would like to donate prizes or help sponsor the contest in some way, please use the contact form.

Please spread the word to non AA members. Now get writing!

post-1462-1087932998_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Anyone?

I'm sorry, but "beep bop boop" is not a phrase you and your friend came up with several years ago, but something people have been saying for a long time, therefore the title of your web site goes against you own submission guidelines so the International Internet Consortium will delete your web site within the next 48 hours.

:D

I'm sorry, but "beep bop boop" is not a phrase you and your friend came up with several years ago, but something people have been saying for a long time, therefore the title of your web site goes against you own submission guidelines so the International Internet Consortium will delete your web site within the next 48 hours.

:D

You're 100% correct. I'm a liar. Not only have I lied to myself and my family but to friends and acquaintances as well as millions of people I don't even know. For this and all of my sins (the list is too long and, frankly, too personal to list here), I am heartly sorry. May the International Internet Consortium have mercy on my soul. :wink: