IGNORED

HSC1 R12: Shamus

Goochman

Totals updated from last week

PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS:

Since I will be away most of next week HSC12 will be run a bit differently. The game of the week will be Shamus on the default settings. Here are the rules/scoring:

1. You may only post ONE score in the msg for next week - first score posted will be the one taken. You may discuss strategy and such and it is encouraged :)

2. Everyone who posts a score will get 1 pt

3. Person with the Highest posted score at weeks end (midnight Fri or 5am GMT Sat on this board) will get 2 pts

4. Every player who completes Shamus (all 4 levels) will recieve 5 bonus pts.

5. The player that creates a map for all to use can get 2 additional bonus pts (Map creation will be granted 1 week extension, therefore you have 2 weeks to do this)

Thats it! Have fun playing. I will only have 1 day next week so my score will be posted early - Enjoy and Happy 4th of July to all my American Counterparts :)

Shamus Challenge

shamus.zip

Ok my hint - you need to go right first to get the blue key, then return back and go down and left to the blue door :)

Hey... aren't you supposed to be outta town??

:lol:

I was and will be again soon - but remember, the Internet closes all borders to connectivity :P

While Rainbow Walker was a real fun playing game to me, there is no fun to play Shamus ...

I think I will send a small post at the end of the week.

Sorry emkay - Im going to be out of town 4 of the 6 days this week so I couldnt really run the event with voting and such so I just picked something folks could play.

As for next week give me some games to put in the voting booth that you think are fun?

OK I mapped all of the black level and some of the blue level.

I took screen shots.

Noted where keys and locks are.

Have not done questions marks and extra lives cause I'm not sure if they are random yet.

Now I just gotta figure out how to represent it (on a computer).

OK I mapped all of the black level and some of the blue level.

I took screen shots.

Noted where keys and locks are.

Have not done questions marks and extra lives cause I'm not sure if they are random yet.

Now I just gotta figure out how to represent it (on a computer).

Awesome!

I havent made it to the Red level in over 20 years - however in my first attempt I got there - without a map I wont be able to improve this score -

Hints:

You need to get 3 keys before leaving the Black level

The blue level requires 3 keys to exit (1 from the black level)

I got out of the green level with just 1 key - IIRC this is a small level, not sure if another key is present thats required in Red level.

This game brought back some great memories!

shamus_novice_sck_800_41745.jpg

I have to play this one on the emulator since my 400 won't play it and neither will my 800xl (damn 800b os)

I will submit a score before the end of the week, and my first few games didn't go too bad, but a map would be very nice.

Just use a translator disk.

Also I'm not sure of this, but some guy was taking alot of 800 only titles and modifying them so they would work on both OS/B and OS/A. Shamus may have been one of them.

Just use a translator disk.

I guess I don't quite know how that works since I have never used it before. Do I actually need the disk, or is there an easier way?

You can get the disk, or there are a couple of file versions.

Is shamus a cartridge? I guess if that is the case it might be impossible. I was thinking you were loading it from disk.

The way a translator disk/file works is you insert the disk. It loads the old OS/A into the underlying memory of the 800xl, turns off the current OS/B and reboots your machine.

Before this happens you put the game in question in the drive and press select. The software then proceeds to reboot under the old OS.

:yawn:  

this game is so boring... I think I post the actual score ...so I don't have to play it again...

Looking for maps from emkay.... :ponder:

I may not be able to get mine done till next week. Didn't even have time this morning to play it. Had to sneak in a few rounds of stampede. :D

No prob Shannon - I couldnt beat my Stampede score :(

BTW,

Did you make any progress on a Shamus map?

:lol:

You had to go and ask. :D

Unfortunately no. In fact I left the map I drew at my house. I'm outta town this week (calling in on dial-up) and have barely had any time to myself.

On vacation with my wife and her sisters so they have been keeping me busy. Extremely exhausted.

If I'm lucky I might be able to get some more screen shots in and draw a map for the blue level on. I may redo the black level, it wasn't that complicated.

Either way if I dont finish it this week. I just post them when they are done. Maybe then someone could make them available on the net.

Still not sure of the best way to combine all the screen shots together, or if it would be worth it.

On vacation with my wife and her sisters so they have been keeping me busy.  Extremely exhausted.

Hmmmmmmm, there are a few Austin Powers references I could make on this sentence which reads alot differently than you intended :)

Most large maps Ive seen are just HUGE jpg's that folks can scroll around. If you want to email them to me let me know and I will try to make 1 big image out of it.

On vacation with my wife and her sisters so they have been keeping me busy.  Extremely exhausted.

Hmmmmmmm, there are a few Austin Powers references I could make on this sentence which reads alot differently than you intended :)

Most large maps Ive seen are just HUGE jpg's that folks can scroll around. If you want to email them to me let me know and I will try to make 1 big image out of it.

Yeah I kinda figured that, but I was too lazy to edit the original message. :lol:

Yeah I suppose I could send the maps to ya. I really have no means to make them available on the net. So to speak.