IGNORED

2004 Midwest Gaming Classic Photo Gallery

Albert

MGC2004Photos.jpgWe've just posted a photo gallery from this year's Midwest Gaming Classic, which took place at the end of May in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. AtariAge attended the show in full force, with a wide variety of games to play and a large assortment of homebrew games for purchase. Over 1,300 gaming fans attended the show over its two days, a substantial increase from last year's event, and we met many AtariAge members for the first time! You can find the complete photo gallery of nearly 100 pictures here, and we look forward to another successful Midwest Gaming Classic in 2005!

The photo gallery of the MWC is great Albert, it looked like a nice show, was it weird that it was in different rooms? Is was that actually better? I used to go to the famous "Toadfests" when Toad Computers used to be around and their store was partitioned into different rooms, and this was actually rather interesting as you had seperate rooms/area's specializing in Jag or ST and some 8bit stuff and then the main store area where the counter was to oogle at all the goodies to buy, plus they had the Jag kiosks running and the video with all the jag games soon to come and everyone standing there fixated at the demo video :-)

The best show of the photo gallery of MWC has gotta be this one:

http://www.atariage.com/features/shows/mgc...mageName=95.jpg

You guys needed some height lines behind you.... it looks like a police line-up ;-)

Curt

Dan you have photo's of the jagfest room... I know I read someplace (maybe you?) it was jammed packed...

Curt

Curt, most of my pics were from the jagfest room(because I didn't have time to leave it)

http://avc.atari-users.net/Events/Event2k4....html#MGCReport

scroll down to see the 28 pics. (most of which are from the jagfest room )

The photo gallery of the MWC is great Albert, it looked like a nice show, was it weird that it was in different rooms?  Is was that actually better?  

I'm not sure I liked the separate rooms. I think they have their benefits and drawbacks. I think the smaller rooms tend to get neglected once people have gone through them once, and then people tend to migrate to the larger rooms where there is more going on. On the other hand, we had pretty much full control over the room we were in (shared with Sunmark and AtariProtos), so that was nice, and we had a gathering of AtariAge members on Saturday night with pizza, drinks, and game playing. :)

You guys needed some height lines behind you.... it looks like a police line-up ;-)

Yeah, and we were pretty damn tired and still sweating when that shot was taken, having gone up and down the stairs too many times to load up everything into the van (the freight elevator was inconveniently far away, it was easier to just lug everything up the stairs). Does look like a police line-up. :)

..Al

The photo gallery of the MWC is great Albert, it looked like a nice show, was it weird that it was in different rooms?  Is was that actually better?  

I'm not sure I liked the separate rooms. I think they have their benefits and drawbacks. I think the smaller rooms tend to get neglected once people have gone through them once, and then people tend to migrate to the larger rooms where there is more going on. On the other hand, we had pretty much full control over the room we were in (shared with Sunmark and AtariProtos), so that was nice, and we had a gathering of AtariAge members on Saturday night with pizza, drinks, and game playing. :)

Yeah, and we were pretty damn tired and still sweating when that shot was taken, having gone up and down the stairs too many times to load up everything into the van (the freight elevator was inconveniently far away, it was easier to just lug everything up the stairs). Does look like a police line-up. :)

..Al

I didn't care that everything was in differnet rooms(it was hard though for me to leave because tom L left the room a couple times and I had to stay behind to watch the stuff(I did manage to get way a couple times)

speaking the AA party: no photos from that that was one of the best times I had.

didn't care for the pizza much,but Iwas hungry at the time.