IGNORED

Another Michigan Meet? Oh yes indeedy! Marvin's August 7th

achika

Hey everyone. I know I really don't post here at all, but I thought I'd throw the invite/offer onto the table for anyone who wants to go, as it was fun meeting you last time.

On August 7th around 3 ish till close I would like to hold another get together for Michigan DP/AA members but this time at Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum in Farmington Hills. Anyone from the surrounding states, etc. is welcome to attend.

I don't know the area that well, so I didn't really have plans for "trading" but instead more of a relaxing, quarter munching afternoon.

31005 Orchard Lake Road

Farmington Hills, MI 48334, U.S.A.

(248) 626-5020

:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guess that's why we didn't see anyone ther

Yeah sorry about that. I really wish I could have made it, but a good friend of mine is having a wedding (I'm actually due at the reception in a half hour). Maybe next time. I really wanted to finally meet you.

Tempest

There's always the chance of another meet at Pete's in Ann Arbor. It's a short walk from where I live, about 3 miles so if my car somehow breaks down like the last time, I'll just leave it where ever it ends up and walk. :D Carrying those extra C64 stuff might be a PITA if I don't get a shopping cart first. :D

***mental note, steal a shopping cart from either Kroger or Kmart*** :lol:

It was very different from Pete's.

The website for MMMM played up how many modern things it had, but there weren't really that many but many, many vintage and classic mechanical units. Mostly redemption machines that really didn't have that great of prizes in them (except the Lighthouse machines, CURSE THE LIGHTHOUSE) I do believe that future meets that I try to organize will be at Pete's or other arcades. (Hopefully a previous visit will be permitted before solidifying [sp] the venue)

There was a small handful of people that showed up, many from DP, some dual-board posters.

I can't say I'd like monthly petes meets, because petes gets old. Plus it's in ann arbor. Ann Arbor, being a college town, is kinda lame. Wizzy Wigs notwithstanding.

As I did on DP, I'll mention a few ideas I had...

Butterfly on Van Dyke. Kinda seedy area, to be sure, but it's a good sized arcade. Lots of racing games, some music games, fighters, old games. There is some newish stuff, but mostly older games. My friend Jen hates playing there, on account of rude guys, though, so obviously it'd probably be less appealing to female members.

Meets at peoples houses. This would definitely be cool, if we could find someone with a good sized game room. I could talk to Robotron about having something at his place sometime, as he's got a great setup, though he does lack music games, if that's what you're after. Still though, he is the man at neo geo fighters :P

Renting out a hall or something (bizounce, working at the southgate civic center, can get those pretty cheap), bring some tvs and games and trade equipment, and just having a good time for the day. I've kinda been pushing that idea since January at the never-happened Pete's Meet.

Just a few thoughts. Petes as the main place is fine and all, but honestly, if there's one thing I've learned from tourneys, it's that if you don't put any variety into it, people will stop coming.