IGNORED

Atari 7800.com Site Updates - July '04

Hey everyone. I recently made some nifty additions to the Atari 7800.com website so I thought I would fill everybody who’s interested in on what’s new. It’s been nearly nine months since the last updates to the Institute website. Back in October, the old website went through a complete refit replacing 95% of the site content, design, and function. The store was done away with for good in favor of turning Atari 7800.com into the on-line home of the Institute For Advanced Atari Gaming Studies, focusing only on the preservation of Atari History and serving as a databank for 7800 gamers. It was at that time during the major site refit that such things as the Institute’s Atari Library, game profiles, articles, and instructions bank were added. My goal in this refit was to set up the infrastructure that would allow me to easily add documents, video, images, articles, etc. to the database since I am now the only one maintaining the site. I felt that overhauling the site and creating a Library would be the best way to do this. However once I got the site infrastructure in place in October, the site has basically sat unchanged since then until now.

Here is what is new for the Summer ’04 update :

- Framed Institute Home Page Additions

o Loaded new Atari Library logo animation

o Added link to Institute Site Updates & News

o Added link to Feature Media Download

o Added link to Feature Article

- Non-Framed HTML Institute Home Page Refit

o Deleted “Welcome” paragraph text and nav links.

o Refit of “TOS Millennium” Navigation Graphic User Interface in place of deleted “Welcome” paragraph text and old nav links. GUI update includes new Atari Library logo animation, site links, AHS & AEX off site links, link to Feature Media Download, and link to Feature Article.

-Audio // Atari Library

o Added Chuck E Cheese Pizza Time Theatre “You Can Smile America” RealAudio 30 second commercial – 1981.

-Video // Atari Library

o Added Dennis Miller CNBC – Chuck E Cheese “New Mascot” mpeg 1.

o Added Atari “DRIV3R” television commercial – mpeg 1.

o Added Alan: A Video Junkie – mpeg 1.

- Feature Article : “BACK TO BORREGAS”

o Take a tour of Atari's original corporate headquarters in Sunnyvale, California with Atari’s Regan Cheng, Chuck E Cheese’s Gene Landrum, and myself. Features full color photographs and retrospective.

- Feature Media Download : “ALAN : A VIDEO JUNKIE” – “When you’re doin’ the Donk, it’s like there’s nobody else alive but you.”

o The Institute is currently featuring a short after school special as the Atari Library's Feature Media Download. This short film entitled "ALAN: A VIDEO JUNKIE" chronicles the life of four adolescents struggling with a deadly addiction.

o The film focuses primarily on one young man named Alan. Alan has a problem. Like millions of American youngsters, he's hooked. He's strung out on a habit that has turned into a 7.8 Billion dollar business. Alan is after the latest buzz known on the street as "the Donk" however Alan refuses to admit he has a problem, neglecting to seek help for his addiction.

I hope all of you enjoy the latest updates to the site. I think the website looks better than ever, and the latest updates to the video library and our article “Back To Borregas” really add a lot of character to the site. Feel free to private message me and let me know what you like and what you don’t, what works and what doesn’t. I’m always open to well thought out comments.

Keep an eye out as many more updates are scheduled to pop up in the fall.

Regards,

Justin

• 1 month later...