IGNORED

Anyone going to the San Diego Comic-Con???

8bit4life

Not sure what kind of a response to expect, but I was just wondering if anyone from AA is planning on going to the SDCC this year?? Video Games are starting to get a lot of attention at this show, with many of the large companies representing and putting together panels.

You dont have to be into comics at all to enjoy the comic-con. They've got everything from celebrities (real one's, not just industry proffessionals) to videogames to movies to whatever you can think of. Just about everything in the art and entertainment industry is represented. Plus - the parties are killer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had no idea that the comic con was so damn huge!!!! :o I love comics---I don't know the correct classifications (Golden Age, Silver Age, what do those mean?) but all I know is that I like the old Spiderman and old Batman and old Xmen, as well as "independent" comics. Does this convention only cover mainstream comics or all types? For example, do indie publishers come and sell their stuff (e.g., Drawn and Quarterly)? If so I might have to make a trip out next year to see this convention.

Comic conventions are cool but they are nothing like classic video game conventions ;)

There was a segment on G4 TechTV last night discussing comic-con's and the fact that a LOT of videogaming companies come to these shows to exhibit.

Curt

That does make sense, b/c your demographics are going to be the same for both. It would be purely stupid for video game companies NOT to attend comic conventions b/c they would miss some great opportunities to push and expose their products to their targeted market.

Oh, I agree, and when you look at the many vid games which have taken on a direct look & feel of comic book artwork and design such as the Batman games for example, even the Superman game on the gamecube has an almost comic-like feel to it, you can see the direct correlation between the two industries.

You ever played Cell Damage on the Xbox??? Jeeeez, its like playing a comic book! That is one funny game!

Curt