IGNORED

Video Game Collector Now Shipping

VGCollector.jpgThe first issue of Video Game Collector, a new magazine covering classic gaming consoles, is now shipping. One of Video Game Collector's highlights is a complete price guide and checklist for every major video game system from the Atari 2600 up through the Xbox. In addition to the price guide, here's a sample of what else you'll find in the first issue:

• Cover story on all Spider-Man video games
  • Excerpt from Ralph Baer's forthcoming book
  • Homebrew Column
  • Excerpt from an upcoming book by Walter Day
  • Classic Game Reviews

You can learn more and subscribe today at VGCollector.com.

Hi Everyone,

Whoops, I didn't realize the subscription information was missing from our site. That should be loaded tonight, but in the meantime here's how to subscribe. You can send a check or money order for $14.99 (US) or $19.99 (Canada) to:

Video Game Collector

PO BOX 127

St. Charles, MO 63302-0127

US Customers can also subscribe using their credit card (Visa, MC or Discover) by calling toll-free 1-877-922-GAME

Thanks for the kinds words, Dan. I hope you had a good show!

Also just to clarify, the subscription price is $14.99 for 1 year (4 quarterly issues) in the US or $19.99 if you live in Canada. Single copies are available at www.gooddealgames.com and other retailers. Please check the Retailers section of our website for updates on where to find it.

no problem shawn,

we still have some copies left over (if it's ok with you I want to hold on to them and maybe use them for next show in 2005(yet to to be decided)

if not thats cool I'll send them back to you as soon as get a chance))

the show went to pretty well, we might or might not do another show next year. I'll know for sure around novemeber.

Dan,

Those are your copies--feel free to share them with friends, save 'em for next year or sell them door to door. If you would like us to sponsor next year just let us know.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know Video Game Collector will be sponsoring the auction at CGE. The folks who worked on issue #1 will be donating items from their private collections to be auctioned off, and all of the proceeds will be donated to the Special Olympics.

Oh, that reminds me....Al, would you like to donate something?? :ponder:

Yep looks really good, although it does appear to be missing a few titles. Around half the TG16 CD list is missing/left out, but I have't really looked through every list. And not everything from Atari to X-box is in it yet? No Bally, although maybe they are classifing as computer? :ponder: No Arcadia or Virtual Boy, or Neo Geo CD, although it does have AES & NGPC.. No Channel F, this might of came out before Atari, so not within there slogan, not that that concerns me :P No Game.com either. or those APF systems.. Some I could care less about personally, although I think Virual Boy could be added, and it's a small list, wouldn't take much room at all. Maybe as time goes more will be added. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Issue #1's Price Guide wasn't proofed to perfection, but rest assured that Issue #2's PG will include the missing titles mentioned above, fix various typos, and maybe squeeze in a few of the obscure systems. Virtual Boy is a no-brainer, and I'm a fan of Astrocade, so I'm pushin' for that, too.

-- Zach (VGC's EiC)

No Arcadia

The Arcadia and Starpath carts are listed under the 2600 :ponder: :)

By Arcadia, he was probably referring to the Arcadia 2001. Not the supercharger. :)

Issue 1's a nice premeire issue. I especially liked the review section which I though was honest and well thought out. I'm looking forward to issue 2.

Its a killer mag.Dont know if I should write in it...to use it as a checklist tho.....Great u returned hhwolfman-we got worried! :)

If you're concerned about marking up your copy because you want to keep it in pristine condition, you could always buy another copy. :)

..Al