IGNORED

T-MINUS... CGE 2K4 UPDATE

digitalpress

It's that time again! As I am the person responsible for news updates on the cgexpo.com site, I'm going to update this thread to store ideas and events in tandem. Consider it a preview to the show, thirty or so events, highlights, and announcements to lead us right up to the big show itself!

Let's begin. It's "T-MINUS" TIME!

T-MINUS THIRTY!

CGE PARTNERS WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS

logo_specialolympics.jpgClassic Gaming Expo is proud to partner with Special Olympics. If you were not aware, Special Olympics provides year-round sports training and athletic competition to more than 1 million people with intellectual disabilities in more than 150 countries. This year, Classic Gaming Expo and Video Game Collector magazine will donate the proceeds of a dozen top-notch auction lots, and all proceeds from the show's first-ever "swap meet" room. Details for both of these events will be posted to the CGE website in the next few days. We are truly excited about this partnership and together with VGC and the gaming community at large, hope to make a difference in these young Olympians' lives.

Regarding Special Olympics: I'm really happy that people care about this. It was important to me to kick off our series of show features with the one that's really the most important. As gamers we sometimes forget that our very hobby is something that not everyone can revel in.

While CGE has never been a non-profit organization, it should be clear that we have no monetary interest in it either. It's our pleasure to help those who need it most.

If it wasn't really really clear, we owe this partnership effort to Video Game Collector magazine, who are the official sponsors of the CGE Auction. They're good people over there and we're really happy to have a common interest in this charity.

T-MINUS TWENTY-NINE.

THE CGE MUSEUM

museum.jpgThis year's Classic Gaming Expo will feature what surely is the world's single greatest collection of vintage video game and computer consoles, games, prototypes and memorabilia. With over 1000 unique items spanning some 4,000 square feet (nearly twice the size of last year's show), you are guaranteed to see many pieces that you haven't seen in years... and many you never knew existed! From a vast handheld collection to priceless artifacts like the Atari System X (the original prototype for Atari's 5200 SuperSystem) to one-of-a-kind items like the color Vectrex, it would take hours to absorb it ALL. Fortunately the show is two days long!

• 1 month later...
digital press why did you stop with these updates just wonderin??

Because CGE2k4 came and went?

I was politely asked by one of the forum administrators to stop spamming the Events forum with daily updates. Not a big deal - the CGE site had the updates so they were easy enough to find.

I was politely asked by one of the forum administrators to stop spamming the Events forum with daily updates.

:sad: That's too bad. I always look forward to these.

Not a big deal - the CGE site had the updates so they were easy enough to find.

True, and I found myself logging in over there more often than I normally do.

I can't wait to see what you guys have lined up for next year.