IGNORED

Apple IIgs

VidGameKing

Okay I just bought one of these online for $35 (including shipping) I get the screen, mouse, keyboard, system, 5 1/2 Floppy drive.

Here's my question: Anyone else here have an Apple IIgs? An apple II, IIe, IIc won't due, they were too different!

I'm looking for hardware anyone doesn't want, or is willing to part with for money.

Additioanlly I'm looking for software!!!! When I was a kid we had scads of software, now I'm having to start from the bottom!!! The first thing I think I need is GS/OS 6.0.1 anyone have this that they can copy and send to me?

Thank you guys so much in advance!

- Vid

I don't want to rain on your parade but you must not see many of those in thrift shops. For a while in this area loads of them was running through at different prices and software. Sorry I can't help you out. I'm sortof kicking myself for not picking one up and the loads of software I passed by.

laters,

ussexplorer

in all of my browsing of Thrift stores, I have NEVER come across any Apple computer of ANY kind.

(And I have done a whole lotta browsing, I'll tell you that! I said, I'll tell you that!!)

For some mystical unknow reason Apple was kind enough to have the GS/OS version 6.0.1 availible for download on their support for older operating systems page.

It took a while before I figured out how to get the .SEA files, which contained a image of the disk for to be copied using disk copy onto 800k disks.

Half of my problem was figuring out how to get my hands on some 800k disks!!! until I remebered, the difference between a 800K, and a 1.44MB is that hole on the opisite side of the write-protect thing! so, I got some masking tape, and managed to make my disks! Also, I couldn't get it to work right using my 6500 (thanks adrian!!!!!) and MacOS 9.2.2! I had to use it on my 540c running 8.1!!

Now all I need to figure out is how to properly set up the IIgs to my 540c using AppleTalk, and then out to the internet! Not that i want to use the IIgs for internet access, but more for the use of an FTP type remote drive to allow for booting, and what not.

Anyways, sorry if my "Parade" seems too large for the system I'm touting, but I'm very excited to get back a peice of my history, and to re-lean all of it's many wonders! Isn't that what this site is all about? leaning new things with old stuff? And to everyone who say's otherwise I say "Ba" not ba as in "BA-Humbug", but more like "BA" as in "BA BA Black Sheep", or "Ba Ram Ewu"

- Vid

I've got a IIgs. I've got tons of software. And yes, all the IIe/IIc stuff WILL run on a IIgs, in addition I've got some IIgs exclusive stuff. Drop me a PM if there's anything in particular you're looking for. Mine's my original one I got new in 1987. :D

If the other guys can't help you out, I'll send you a copy of the OS - just give me an address.

If you didn't get a 3.5" floppy drive in that, you really, really really one or two (preferably 2). All IIGS specific software came on 3.5, as well as the OS.

If you have an old Macintosh around, you can make the boot disks (as well as other disks) on that, or use it to copy disk images to the IIGS via Localtalk and make real disks from them.

http://www.ninjaforce.com/ - Asimov from here can make real disks from images on a real IIGS

http://www.whatisthe2gs.apple2.org.za/ - Has tons and tons of disk images to use.

I'm too cheap to buy a HD controller for my IIGS so I boot mine off of a 3.5" disk, and halfway through the boot, it loads START/FINDER from an old Performa 6400/180 in the closet via Localtalk - it's more or less a HD at this point.